Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Kevin and I both had the day off today. I had no dogs to walk and no homes to look after as most of the people weren't getting out of LA till at least the 20th a few days before Christmas. James was giving us a break on filming as he were ahead of schedule. We have a day to ourselves and decide to go for an early morning run. We dress in sweets and hoodies as it is a very cold December for LA.

"Last one to reach Tully's has to buy." I tell Kevin as I warm up from the run outside my apartment building.

He smiles as he warms up his muscular caves, "You're on." Were done and we go start our run. Tully's is a coffee shop that also has fresh baked goods, great coffee, tea and other good items. It is five miles away, so it will make me feel less guilty if I get one of their bagels. I am running really fast to try and out run Kevin. He's really good. Explains why he's so fit. I can't get distracted. I want to win this race.

As we run, I hear that old song whenever there was a race going on. Charters of Fire I believe it's called. Mile one we pass and we are still at the same speed as we past that. Houses, office buildings, etc. We have to stop at each light, but he keep it up by running in pace.Mile three I attempt to outrun him. I haven't ran like this in a long time. This is about where I would stop and go back, but I am determined to outrun him and win.

We finally make it to mile five and where Tully's is at. I pick up my speed more and I go running to the door. My hand hits it as if to claim my victory. "Yes! I won!" I tease Kevin and he rolls his eyes as he tries to catch his breath. I try to myself and I open up the door for him. "After you, buyer."

He shakes his head as he goes forth and stands in line. I join him, deciding what I want. I know I want coffee, maybe as iced one as I'm sweaty. I go and think of my order. We are called next. "Hello. What can I get you?" Asks the girl behind the counter.

"Hi." Kevin says with a smile. "I'll have an Egg White Spinach sandwich, with a small iced coffee and an orange juice. What do you want Pen?" He asks me as he grabs a banana nearby.

"I'll have Same." I answer and also grab a banana. The girl rings everything up."That'll be $13.50." Kevin pulls out his wallet and pays. We step aside and let the person behind us order while we waited for our order.

"So, are you okay with yesterday?" Kevin asks in a whisper so no one around could hear it."

I turn to look at him and shrug. "Yeah. It's just all part of the job."

"I mean with the way he talked to you before the scene."

I nod my head. "Yes, I'm fine. I'm sure he was just stressed out about the movie and everything else going on in his life."

"Still. He didn't have the right to talk to you that way. Would you like me to say something to him?"

"Your orders ready." The girl says and we take our sandwich and drinks to a near by table.

"No. It's fine. He was nice to me later." I say as I sit down and take a sip of my coffee. "You shouldn't risk your job to define me. Though I appreciate it."

He looks at me and shakes his head. "Okay. But I still don't like the way he talked to you."

"It's fine." I assure him and I start to eat my sand which. I know he's not convinced. But it's not about him. I decide how I feel about things, not him.After a bit of silence while we eat our sandwiches, bananas and drink our juices, and coffees. We then order two more coffees. I pay for them this time and we walk out. "Can I ask you something else?"

"Sure." I tell him as I take a sip of coffee.

"Did you and James actually do it in the scene we shot?"

I accidently do a split take; luckily I do it away from him. "What?" I can't believe he just asked me that question.

"Did you do it with James?"

I look surprised at him, trying to make sure I'm believable here. "No. I was wearing a blocker. I put it under the dress I was wearing for the scene."

"You sure?" He asks me. Not sure If he believes me or not.

"Yes. I'm with you. I wouldn't do anything to you like that ever. I promise." I grab His arm and pull him closer to me and kiss him. We look into each other's eyes, kiss again. He smiles. "Okay, then." We go back to my place and take a shower and make up.

A/N: Yeah, our Penelope just lied, but she doesn't want to hurt Kevin. Hope you liked this chapter, anyway. Till next week- Dreamcast45