Chapter 1

Being a soldier, you go through

Many wars

But the biggest war

You go through

It's with yourself.

First day of college, Kimberly is here to check out my dorm. I tried to stop her from coming. "Hi, I'm Kimberly Rhodes can I help you." She does not know how to respect boundaries. Poor roommate of mine, she is rearranging all his things.

"Kim, you scared him. Just go I got it from here." Like that is going to make her go. "Fine, love you stupid." And it worked! I need to apologize to my roommate.

Today has been crazy, I've been all over the place but my room is finally done. I put all my polaroids on my wall from last summer. After, not being here for almost a year I got to go on vacation.

My girlfriend was so stoked to have gone to the beach. We had a really good summer. I'm thinking of proposing to her soon but I don't know how yet...

This campus is huge and they are out of hamburgers. I remember Kim said there is one close to here. I'm not in the mood to eat salads or fruit.

My roommate is here but I think he's waiting for someone. "Hi, mam can I have two bacon burgers and a large sprite." I'm eating two because I leave tonight. We are traveling thirty hours from here.

Who knows if they sell hamburgers where we are going. My crew is picking me up in an hour or so. That gives me thirty minutes to eat here. Kimberly hates that I'm in the army but it was for the best.

When my parents died I decided to leave here. And joining the army was the only way. Kimberly was against it and still is but she understood. She wants to leave someday too but I doubt she will.

These hamburgers are so good that a girl has not even stopped looking at me. She only has a drink and I bet it is water she is drinking. Ever since I walked through that door she has been looking at me. Just like my roommate who thinks I didn't catch him.

Well, they were delicious now time to go pack and go. I probably won't be back for months or so. My roommate is lucky to have me as his roommate.

"Future bro in law," Ashton still thinks Kim will give him a chance. She is married and I doubt she would ever go out with dick like him. "In your dreams."

Here we go...