Chapter 21

Tuesday,

I've put my best suit on ready for this war. Michael is already about to leave too. With a kiss on his forehead, we both walk out the door. He's worried about I can tell.

Kimberly sent me a text of good luck:

Little Bro I wish you the best today. Everything will be okay just trust in God. We love you and know you can do this.

I'm replying with a heart because that is all I can send. Sara's car is already here and it's late already. The taxi was driving so slow this morning.

"All rise, Judge Alexander Jackson." Sara looks completely different today. She has her hair in a bun, a decent suit on with heels. "Judge Alexander Jackson, my son is only two years old. He can't live with a same-sex couple and more not knowing one.

She really just pulled the same-sex card! "Judge Alexander Jackson. Like you, I served in the military and you know how hard it is. A lot has changed these past two years, I'm not the same person. I am no longer in active duty and will not go back. My son is more important to me than anything. And today I bring evidence of how my son lived with Sara Lewis.

The security takes my phone and takes it to the judge. Sara turns to look at me pissed but I continue to look forward. "Well, Ms.Lewis what is your defense after this."

Sara stays quiet and begins to cry. "Judge Jackson, she is incapable of taking care of Tommy or herself. And about my partner, he is an English Professor with no record. Michael Garza is a nice and respectful guy. I can assure you he will never do anything to Tommy. He already took care of him twice when Sara dropped him off."

"Ms.Lewis is this true." Sara nods and turns to her lawyer. Our lawyers have barely even talked. They know better than to get into something like this.

"Very well, on the case of the toddler Tommy Rhodes. I grant full custody to Mr.Taylor Rhodes. Thank you, we have finished here today." He says and Sara walks out of the courtroom in a rush.

"Case closed."

Michael is going to freak out when he sees us. Tommy and I have a surprise for him. This morning couldn't have gone any better...

Steve is calling me. "Taylor look, man, I'm just calling to see how is it going. Michael told me about your situation...has he said anything to you." What is he talking about?

"Yes, Steve he told me." He goes silent for a second and he clears his throat. "T-Taylor...I kissed him okay. He didn't kiss me and he stopped it." That's it- he's not getting close to Michael anymore.

He's going to be my husband soon and we're going to be parents. This is where we come through the door to surprise Michael. I know he's here because his car is in the driveway.

"I won... and Steve called me." He stands up from the table and walks over to us. "Taylor I...I did it only because..." It's so cute when he stutters. Before he can continue I shut him up with a soft kiss.

"Where is Taylor and what have you done with him." Michael wants to be funny, alright let's be funny. I smack his butt and he walks up to the kitchen. Tommy and I wait for him to come to sit back for his surprise.

"Are you going back?." I ask because maybe I can convince him not to. He comes back with three sandwiches and says, "No. I'm spending the day with a really cute little guy." Michael says with a wink.

"It's not so small." He opens his mouth wide and burst out laughing. "Taylor, we have a kid now!." Tommy is even laughing and he has no idea what is going on.

"I have a proposition for you." I'm finally doing it and with my son here. Which he is going to give her the box with the ring inside. Tommy slowly walks over to him and I ask the big question:

"Would you marry me." He looks up at me with the box in his hands. We both stand to wait for his response. When he yells "yes" repeatedly and I go in for a quick kiss.