Chapter 5

New Year's Eve,

Nicole and I are going to Tom's New Year's Eve party. This night is going to be different for once. Kimberly and I always celebrated together. Now, I'm celebrating with my future wife and my brothers.

The night barely has started and we are all already drunk. We have tackled each other and break things. I'm feeling so good tonight.

"So how did y'all meet again," Tom asks Nicole and I. We both turn to look at each other. "A friend of hers I was dating introduced us. She couldn't resist me and I end it up falling for her." Everyone begins to laugh when Nicole rolls her eyes.

1, 2,3...Happy New Year! Everyone begins to hug and I go directly to Nicole. When I see Tom pick up a small guy and spin him around. And it's Michael he is hugging and spinning around.

"Happy New Years Roommate," I say to him opening my arms to hug him. For some reason, hugging him made me feel something strange... A feeling of safety I guess since I trust him a lot.

Months later,

Dear Mr.Garza

I would like to thank you for everything. You where a cool roommate to have. I'm married now so the room is all yours.

Have a good life

-T

Michael was reading "Dear John" and it got me thinking. I decided to write him one. He responded right away to me:

Dear Army Guy,

Thank you for helping me with my school's insurance. The dorm is yours if you ever do come back. I wish you the best in your marriage.

-M

We are going back home finally and I'm going back to class. I wrote him another letter:

Thanks, roommate by the looks of it I will be back soon.

-T

He probably will think Nicole and I broke up. When in reality we're so in love. She and I are getting married in the summer finally...

April,

I've been arrested and I'm being sent back on duty. Nicole and I went to eat at a fancy restaurant. And an old man touched her inappropriately so I punched him.

Kimberly called me crying because she saw on the news. Being grounded or in Military jail is everyone's nightmare. I've been cleaning, running, and in the sun all day.

I don't know what happened to me but I lost my temper. Michael told me once that he was scared of me. He said he thought I had a bad temper and maybe I do.

Michael has been on my mind lately and I have no idea why.