Chapter 3

Every year the city has a night movie screen close to campus. The whole yard gets full of food stands and people. I've only been to one or so. This time it's going to be fun since it's with these idiots.

"Hey baby stay close, okay don't get lost." Poor Kellup, they love to bother him. We jumped down from the truck and I decide to hug him. "Love you," I tell him and they all laugh at us.

We are all starving so first are the food stands then the movie. "Can I get a hot dog and a large coke," I order and next to me is Michael. And he is with that dude from the party again.

I was waiting for him to say hi but I guess not. Being the distracted dick as always I drop my coke. My whole crew begins to boo me while I laugh with them. Shit!

This movie is so long I have to go pee. The line for the restroom is gone finally."This line is moving fast," I tell Michael who is in front of me. The girl's line is ridiculously long, poor girl waiting she needs to go badly.

"Let me walk you to another restroom," I tell her and she nods walking with me. She must be fifteen or something this totally looks wrong. "Where you going." I can hear Max yelling but this girl needs to go.

We finally found another one and it's empty. I wait for her to come out but one of her friends catch up to us."I got it from here soldier." She says and Max's truck is already next to us.

"Let's go Mr.Humanitarian." He says mocking me. They all begin to make jokes about it. I ignore them since Nicole is texting me. She is coming to see me tomorrow on campus.

The next morning, I wake up really early and put on my best clothes. A button red shirt with black trousers and black shoes. Today is the day I'm going to propose to her.

"Hey Michael, can you help me with something." He nods and walks over to me. "I'm going to propose and I need to practice. Can I...you know practice with you? If it's a little weird it's okay if..."

Sure." He says and I kneel on one knee. "Would you marry me," I tell say almost sweating when it's not even Nicole. I'm very nervous to ask her. She is the only real girlfriend I've ever had in my life.

"No." He says and it makes me laugh so hard. Michael is a fucking clown. We both laugh but we are interrupted by his phone. "I have to go but you're doing good. You will be fine and trust me she will say "yes."

He's leaving but I'm still going to practice a few more times.