Chapter 12

One year later,

Today I received a letter with the initials of S.T: The letter had a photo. A picture of a little boy that looks exactly like me. The girl from Chicago got pregnant.

At first, she didn't want me to know but then she had no choice. Her parents disowned her and she needs money. I'm going to see her. We need to talk this out because I need to be there for my son...Tommy.

I have a son with someone who's name I can't even remember. Kimberly is going to kill me when I tell her about this. And Michael, he's for sure going to hate me more than he probably already does.

I'm such a fucking asshole but now everything is different. My son needs me. I need to be the best dad and man now for him. This girl says we can try and be in a real relationship.

We already made a baby why not give it a try. I finally made it to Chicago City. And here she is waiting for me with Tommy on her arm. "Welcome home, meet your son." She says walking towards her car.

"We haven't officially met, I'm Sara Lewis." She says before starting her car. "Good to know," I tell her and we both smiled for a bit. This is not as awkward as I thought it would be.

"Tommy is allergic to bees. He got stung by one at the park and had to spend three days in the hospital. I always read to him before bed or put on any cartoon on tv. He likes to color and mostly runs around. His favorite food is anything from chicken nuggets to fruit." She says as soon I stepped inside her apartment.

"So...um where am I sleeping?," I ask her and she rolls her eyes. "Where daddies should sleep at next to the mommy's." She takes my bags and walks me to her room.

The room is a complete mess with bras all over the place. It also smells like cigarettes mix with perfume. There are even Tommy's books all over the place.

"Sorry, I didn't have time to clean." The bed is just a mattress on the floor. You can tell right away the sheets are dirty and there's even food besides it.

"You could have asked for money. Tomorrow will go buy Tommy and you a real bed." I tell her walking out of the room to Tommy. When a guy walks in that looks like a homeless man.

"You must be Tyler, I'm Jeff." These are the people around my son? "Taylor, meet my older brother Jeff." Older brother? I need to get my son out of here.

"Nice to meet you." With a serious face and tight grip, I warned him. He better not get close to my son ever again. I'm here now and things are going to change.

The next day, I wake up with roaches all over the apartment. How can anyone live like this? My son has been living in a trashed apartment. This is going to cost me a lot but I'm going to look for another apartment.

Today has been crazy, we went to see apartments and bought two beds. One of my friends got me a realtor that says we can move in as soon as possible. We are moving tomorrow but first I'm disinfecting everything.

The new apartment has a small park in front of it. Tommy will be able to play and meet friends. I already talked to Sara not to leave him alone at all.

Everything is finally falling into place... or so I thought so.