Past and Present

"Waddup Waddup

"Waddup Waddup. You're listening to 93.7 The Heat," I heard the radio host, Camille,say and I started to sing chris brown's Heat a little bit," see she know what it's about. By the way if you didn't recognize the background vocals, our special guest today is the wonderful songstress Amia Jay."

"Hello hello."

"Now Amia I know you're excited because in less than two weeks your album is coming out, am I correct?"

"Yes you are, February 10th go get that," I said while smiling a bit.

"Just before Valentine's day. Should we expect some love making music?"

"Of course. That's basically most of the album like I wanted it to be centered around love and all forms of it, so really it's not just love making music. It's about the one thing that brings us all together and the one thing that can also break us apart and that is Love. That's basically why it's called F.M.L which means for my love."

"I like that. The fans would also like to know if you have a special someone in your life? I mean your single connection is blowing up right now and it's speaks on a man that you dissed for awhile because of the demons you feel that you have and that when you finally gave him a chance, he knocked down a lot of barriers for you but it also says a part of you is still holding back and so you which to be free so they want to know what inspired that?"

"Yeah I made that song probably at 2:45 in the morning in my studio. I couldn't sleep and I had this lyric in my head and I'm like I have to write this down, so I did. I started singing it and I'm like oh this shit kinda hot so I'm in the studio and I knocked it out in the first take."

"You not slick avoiding the question like that?," I laughed a little because I knew she wanted me to pry into my love life and I have no problem with it because that's her job but at the same time, I want to keep Kane to my self and not have to be concerned with the media up under my ass about us. When I'm in my city they treat me like I'm regular me when I was sixteen and I use to sing at nightclubs I won't supposed to be allowed in and getting snacks from any local cheap ass corner store. When I'm there I'm just Amia Jaymon Skyes not Amia Jay and honestly sometimes that feels better.

"I do actually."

"Will we see him? Maybe a special post when the album drops?"

"I don't know about all that. For awhile I'm going to be selfish with him because the media is a lot to handle and I don't want to rattle him, but really it's up to him more than me so we'll see."

"I get that. So this album is like love which is different from your party anthems and your boss moves type of thing so what's next like are you going to be still on the surface, what you see is what you get type of artist or are we going to dive deeper like your early stuff before the fame and you were speaking that real shit."