Mixed emotions

"So how are you feeling?," Indigo asked as I laid on her lap as she played in my curls

"So how are you feeling?," Indigo asked as I laid on her lap as she played in my curls. After I posted the video, she called to see how I felt and at that moment I just needed her here with me so she came over.

"I don't know how I'm feeling right now. I've been holding onto this shit for so long like I'm relieved but it's the retaliation I don't think I'm prepared for and I'm not talking bout towards me because I can handle all that shit but I mean towards you and my baby girl. Vaughn ain't the king people think he is. He got his own demons he just hides them a lot better. Guess money speaks louder than morals."

"I want that to be wrong so bad but you're right. People will do anything to cover up their truth and people will allow it for a piece of it."

"This some bullshit," I said as she kissed my forehead and my phone started to buzz. I ignored it, I was tired of getting notifications for this bullshit. I was slowly falling asleep when her phone started to ring and she answered.

There was a lot of "calm downs" and "Ok's" until she finally was able to hang up and she let out a breath.

"Claire wants us to come in tomorrow to strategize. She's just surprised that you're his son and you have proof like she feels like this could be the scandal of the year and I can't disagree with that but if you don't feel up to it I'll cancel the appointment with Claire."

"Nope we need as much ammo as possible. If Claire is really the best then I have a better chance at whatever he tries to hit me with."

"You sure about this?"

"Yeah," I said giving her a kiss," let's get some sleep," I say getting myself out her lap and wrapped my arms around her waist.

She nodded and cuddled up into my chest wasting no time to fall asleep in my arms. I however was still up. My mind was just racing and it just couldn't stop so I removed myself from around her and went to the kitchen.

I opened a draw in the kitchen and it was to all my letters that my mom wrote me, a few pictures of me when I was younger and the gun he gave me. I still remember the day he taught me how to use it.

"Why do I need to learn how to use a gun? I'm only twelve."

"And even twelve year olds need to learn how to protect themselves. Look I taught you how to fight now I got to teach you how to use weapons. You never know when you'll be in a hostile situation and you got to be ready."

"So I'll learn how to use knives and shit too?"

"Soon but right now we are just focused on guns. You're going to watch me shoot then you're going to do it yourself, ok?"