Greetings

"Ugh I'm going to hurt you," I heard Indigo say as she fell down for the umpteenth time tonight and I laughed before helping her up

"Not my fault you lost you lost rock, paper, scissors. You can't even cheat at that shit," I said still slightly laughing at her pouting face as I held her up in my arms.

We recently started off this system for who picks the date and what we do that day. We each wrote down a few things on colorful sticks and put them in a jar but first we do three rounds of rock, paper, scissors which determines who picks the date. It just so happened that I won this time and I ended up picking the roller rink as our date spot for tonight.

"How are you so good at this?," she asked as I help her balance herself out to skate with me.

"I use to work at one for a summer job when I was fifteen. I would skate on break and before I'd go home and once I got real good I started to teach myself how to dance with it."

"Was that your first job?"

"Nah not technically. My first was probably at twelve I used to cut grass and shit for the people in my neighborhood. What was your first job?"

"From the an early age my mom would make us model in her clothes and I use to love it so much and so did my sisters. Then eventually later on I got my first official job on a JCPenney's commercial."

"So how did you get into make up?"

"It was a hobby at first. I use to play around in my mom's make up and try to make my dolls have that full beat. I didn't really know the effect it had on people until I had volunteered at this nursing home and this one old woman was talking to her grand daughter about a date. Her grand daughter was freaking out and everything but I told her that I would help her get ready. Her grandma picked a nice dress and I did her make up. When we finished she was smiling so bright and she had like this new wave of confidence in fact she told me that the last time I saw her. It made me feel good that I could make someone else feel good about themselves and express the confidence that they truly have."

"I like that reason it shows that you just want people to see the best version of themselves," I said as she got the hang of skating to the point where we wasn't holding hands anymore. I was proud that she was getting the hang of it but my hand felt empty without hers in it.

"They already are the best version of themselves though. You don't need make up to see that to be honest but if it makes you feel good then I want that for that person."

"I'm so lucky," I said lowly but I think she heard me because I saw her smile.

"Yes you are and I think I got the hang of this. So you want to show me some moves in the meantime?"