Pinky Promise

If looks could kill right now I'd probably be dead

If looks could kill right now I'd probably be dead. Across from me was a man indigo said was her ex, Tristan, and at the head of the table on my right side was her dad. I tapped Indigo's hand underneath the table and I felt her squeeze it back, I gave her a smile before kissing her hand.

We all then prayed then started to eat our food. Everyone had there own side conversation but overall I could still feel some tension towards my way. I knew I would be questioned soon.

"So," I heard her dad say after clearing his throat," what's your name man?"

"I'm Zyanté Peterson sir. It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise. I just got a few questions I'm hoping you would answer."

"Ok."

"We are gathered hear today to witness the questioning of Zyanté Peterson," I heard Romelo say in a game show host voice.

"I told them not to do this," I heard my girl say with her hand to her face and I just laughed before giving her hand a squeeze. She looked at me and I assured her with a smile that it was ok.

"Ado is going to ask you questions and we expect you to be honest about each one, are you ready?"

"I'm ready," I said and I truly meant it. I was more nervous with him not saying anything that I'm relieved that he is.

"Do you drink?," her dad, Ado,asked.

"Yes but I'm not heavy on it."

"Hmm, Do you smoke?"

"Yes."

"Was you born here?"

"Yes."

"Do you have any kids?"

"I do. A three year old named Zania. She's my life," I said smiling and I could see a peek of a smile from him too.

"Interesting," I heard from both Rayvon's mother and Tristan.

"Do you have any pictures of her?," I heard Rayvon ask and I nodded before pulling out the most recent pic of my baby and gave it to her.