My Girls

Everything felt like it was in slow motion as I entered the hospital

Everything felt like it was in slow motion as I entered the hospital. The white felt like they were closing in on me or maybe it was the fact that each step felt so far away from where I needed to be. I arrive at the desk, trying to collect my thoughts as the nurse looked at me in question and I placed my hands against the counter and breathed in and out until I was able to collect myself.

"I'm here to see my little girl Zania Peterson. She got into an accident with my girlfriend Indigo Loves."

"Sir I'm afraid you will have to wait. They are in surgery right now."

"Surgery? Wha..What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry baby but I don't really know. All I know right is they got hit by a car. Nobody knows if they were going to or from somewhere but this women said she saw your girlfriend and your child cross the street then out of nowhere and Car suddenly hits them. Nobody gets out the car. They just drive around her as she's laid out on the ground. She suffered more of the impact then your child and the lady that claims she saw the whole thing said she somehow didn't see the plates," she said and I don't know how to react. I'm angry, I'm sad, but I'm also somehow so numb. The lady from the desk sees the look on my face and gives a reassuring rub on my arm," everything will be ok. Just sit in the waiting room until the doctor shows and hold on to whatever hope you have."

"Thank you," I say giving her a reassuring smile while removing her arm from my shoulder and sat down in the waiting room. I closed my eyes and tried to reflect on everything right now and I wanted to cry so bad but tears won't gone do shit right now.

"What the fuck is going on Zy?!," I heard Tameeka shouts as she approaches me with a pissed off expression on her face and I just couldn't do this shit right now, nit right here.

"Tameeka this is not the time or place. Our daughter is in there hurt and we need to be there for her."

"Not the time? Not the place? My daughter is not supposed to be even in here! She was supposed to be with YOU. Her supposed daddy but you had some bitch watching her and doing god knows what with her while you out doing god knows what."

"First and foremost lower that fucking tone because I don't know who the fuck you're talking to cause it ain't me and Second of all my girl ain't some random bitch. You know who she is and you know this ain't the first time I left her with her. Indigo wouldn't intentionally let something happen to our child and you know that. You just looking for a reason to be mad all the time like the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me is that you don't even see the severity of the situation! My daughter is probably fighting for her life right now!"