Engagement💍

"Why does she even need a first birthday?It's not like she's going to remember it," I said as I messed with the balloon in my hand and Tameeka took it from me and blew it up before holding onto it

"But we will take pictures and tell her about it so it's like a memory."

"Yeah but we don't have to do all this," I said referring to the bouncy house and all the other unnecessary shit. She even ordered a petting zoo," the girl can't even walk yet, what she need a bounce house for?"

"It's for the other kids but my other younger cousins can watch her while she in there Zy relax," she said as she tied up the balloon and started to eat some chips.

"I'm relaxed," I say until I hear the sound of my baby crying from her crib. I went to the room and picked her up and her cries started to lessen. I then sit down with her and her toys as I watch Kane set up his speakers in the living room.

"Remember to play some kid friendly shit," Tameeka said calling out to Kane before she answered her phone.

"All I got is kid friendly shit. What you talking bout girl?," he says before the sound of birthday sex by Jeremih started to play through the speakers and he tried desperately to get it off. I managed to help him finally get off and handed him my phone.

"Kid friendly my ass. Look I made a playlist titled songs for Zeezee on spotify just go to that."

"That ain't necessary. I just forgot to name her mix. Usually mines don't have names forreal like that just a symbol or a number. I told myself I was going to name hers but I forgot but it shouldn't take me that long to find it."

"Ight," I say putting her down on the floor and she went to grab her teething ring.

"We really raised a child for a year. I can't believe it," Tameeka says as she looks at Zania play with her toys and I smiled.