Ch. 2 - Izuku / Aizawa

Alrighty, it's 10:43 at night, I cant sleep, so let's write shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku wakes up in a white room, sitting up and looking around. A machine beebs rhythmically to his own heartbeat, a bag drips water, to keeping him hydrated, and more machines did their work next to him.

There was no clock, or window for that matter, so he had no idea what time it was. He lays back down, hearing the crisp white sheets he lays under, crinkle. He thinks back to what happened.

The Smoke

The Thick

Black

Smoke

That's what he remembered. He remember the smoke and then... his parents. His mom and dad. Oh god what had he done! He covers his eyes with his arm, blocking out the light from the light overhead, and started to silently sob. He couldn't believe his mom and dad where gone. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didnt hear the door open.

The door open and two doctors, a police officer, and Eraserhead walk in. One doctor walks over to the crying boy, and sits on his bed slowly, Eraserhead watching the entire time.

"Hey son," she says in a hushed voice. She places her hand on his shoulder. "It's gonna be alright. My name is Nishihara Chou, I'm here to help you. I was wondering if you could sit up so we can ask you some questions?"

The young boy, noticing someone was there, flinched when the person sat down, but then he heard her voice. It was soothing. He's never felt so calm in his life. He removes his arm from his eyes nodding to the nice lady, sitting up with her help.

"Good, glad to see you have some strength!" Nishihara says. "Now, me and this nice man over here," she gestures towards the second doctor, "are going to check how your feeling, okay?"

Izuku responds with a nod, willing to listen to her forever.

"Good," Nishihara nods. She and the other doctor do simple things, checked his ears, eyes, nose, mouth, and reflexes. They checked his heart and lungs, and stomach for any abnormalities. He was all good.

The second doctor backs up as Nishihara gives a thumbs up to the policeman and Eraserhead. "Alright, last thing, do you mind answering these nice gentleman's questions?"

Izuku gives a nod, as an indication of saying that he will answer there questions. He was willing to do anything she told him to.

Nishihara steps back allowing room from the Police to move forward. He crouches, to get on eye level with Izuku.

"I'm gonna ask some questions and you just have to answer truthfully, got that? Good. What is your name?"

Izuku goes to speak, "Izuku Midoriya." His voice was so quiet, how long had he been sleeping.

"How old are you?"

"8."

"What is your quirk?"

Izuku pauses. He stares at his hands not sure how to answer, not after what had just happened.

The police officer scribbles something down and continues, "Do you know what happened?"

Izuku looks up to the police officer with horror in his eyes, he green eyes start to water, when tears start to pour down his face. "I-I," he stutters.

The tears are really coming when Nishihara walks over and puts her hand on one of Izuku's. "Calm down," she speaks in her calm voice. "Its gonna be alright, just answer the nice man's questions."

Izuku immediately calmed down with the sound of her voice. It soothed his tears as he looks at the officer. "I-I think I killed them," he answers, even after being told to calm down by Nishihara, he started to cry again, the guilt of his parents death weighed heavily on his chest. Nishihara just stroked Izuku's hand, slowly shushing him, to calm him down. He choked on his sobs. "I-I d-d-didnt mean to. I j-j-just want-ted to pro-protect my mom."

"From who?

Izuku looks down at his lap. "D-d-dad. He was trying to hurt m-m-mom. He-he wanted to-to kill her. I just wanted to-to pro-protect h-h-her," He sobbed.

The police man nodded and stood up, like he was just confirmed that his belief were true. In truth, he knew what happened, he just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth. He didn't blame the kid for killing his parents, if anything he felt bad. The poor kid lost his parents, though the police officer thought it may have been a blessing in disguise. "Thank you Izuku. We'll be in touch," he says, maturely. He nods to Eraserhead as he walked out the door.

The entire time Eraserhead had just been watching, careful to not move, to not scare the child. Nishihara may have had a quirk which allowed her to sooth anyone, but he didn't want to risk it. The kid was already crying when he walked in. He watched as Nishihara comforted the boy, assuring him that it wasnt his fault. In actuality, it wasn't. No one could blame a kid for not controlling their quirk, especially in Midoriyas case.

The previous day

Izuku Midoriya had been passed out for about a week now, exhausted from quirk overusage, sleep deprivation, dehydration, and starvation. The kids parents definetly did not pay enough attention to their son and most definetly beat him, with all of the large marks on his body. Aizawa had been called in by doctors and policemen to get a rundown of the situation and the child.

"Thank you for coming Aizawa. As you know we saw it fit that you of all people should know what's going on with Young Midoriya," stated a doctor.

Aizawa just nodded in agreement, he wanted to know what happened.

"Well, we'll give you a quick rundown. We believe that Yound Midoriya's mother was being harmed by his drunken father, in a moment of desperation, Young Midoriya forced a quirk manifestation."

"Forced? That's not possible is it?" Asked Aizawa.

"I assure you it is entirely possible. It's not common, only found in children who are put through situation they need to get out of. Their body adapts to help the child escape the situation. The only problem is is that it is extremely hard to control. The children commonly kill someone or themself. Going on, Young Midoriya forced a quirk manifestation, killing his parents. It's extremely dangerous, so this is why we want you in the room with him whenever someone else is there. We don't wish for anyone to get hurt until he learns to control this quirk. Do you understand?"

Aizawa leans back into his seat. Hes bewildered by his newly acquired knowledge. As a response he just gives a nod.

"Great, now do stay safe. Don't need anything to happen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1142 words