Ch. 24 - Izuku

We made it to my new school and stood outside of the gate. "You ready to go Izuku?" I nod nervously we head through the gate into the building and through each hall. After a few turns and some stairs, we make it to a door that Shinsou was standing next to.

"Hey 'Toshi!" Mr. Yamada ruffles his hair. Shinsou smiles and moves his hand.

"Stoooop Papa, you'll mess it up."

"Mess up that mess?" Mr. Aizawa adds snarkly. I smile and laugh as Shinsou just shrugs. Mr. Aizawa knocks on the door and I hear a "come in" from the other side. He opens the door and sitting at the desk is a nice looking woman. She had short brown hair, a soft round face, skinny body, and smile wrinkles.

"Ahhh Mr. Aizawa, good to see you," she smiled.

"Good evening Mrs. Yadashi. How are you this evening," Mr. Yamada days shaking her hand.

"Very well, very well indeed. Is this Midoriya?" She asks intrested. I nod and hide behind Mr. Aizawa. She smiles.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Midoriya. Why don't you all take a seat, Shinsou, you can wait outside if you wish." Shinsou nods and leaves, closing the door.

"So, you called about this already, we just have to finish up the paperwork, and I wanted to speak to Midoriya." They nod and Mr. Yamada takes some papers she was handing to him. "So, Midoriya, how are you today?" I just nod. "That's good, I hear you do very well in school, is that correct?" I again just nod. "Yes, yes. Your grades are acceptionally good, especially in math. Do you like math?" I nod. "That's good. Mr. Midoriya, would you say you're shy?" I blush and nod. I'll admit I'm not much of a talker. She laughs and nods. "At least your aware," she smiles. I like her, she's nice. "Would you like some candy Midoriya? I have some jelly beans? They're pretty good." I nod and she pushes a bowl of jelly beans to me. I take a few and eat a blue one first. Then a green, then a red. Blueberry, pear, cherry. The classics. "Good?"

"Mhm!" I nod and smile. Mr. Yamada reaches for some and Mrs. Yadashi slaps his hand.

"Those are for Midorya, don't be greedy. He sadly look at his hand so I reach for some and hand them to him.

"Don't be sad," I say.

"Thank you Izuku," he smiles. "I am no longer sad thanks to you," he throws Mrs. Yadashi a smirk. She writes something down and smiles.

"So Izuku, are you excited for school?" I nod excitedly, I missed school. I was bored without it. "Thats very good. Your teachers are so excited for you. We only have good things from your other schools." That made me happy. I thought my other schools hated me.

"Thank you," I say quietly. Mrs. Yadashi smiles and scoots the jelly beans closer.

"Please have some more." Mrs. Yadashi keeps asking me questions as Mr. Aizawa sits and help Mr. Yamaha fill out the papers. When he finishes he slides the papers to her. She looks through them real quick and looks up. "Everything looks good." She stands up and holds her hand out to Mr. Yamaha and Mr. Aizawa. After a shake she holds her hand out to me. I take it and she gives it a kind squeeze. "We're excited to have you and Tulip," she says with a smile. I smile back.

"Thank you Mrs. Yadashi," I say quietly. This seems to make her very happy.

"It's no problem Midoriya." We leave and I wave goodbye. As we walk to the car, Shinsou joins us following behind. We get to the car and get buckled in and such. It was a nice day. I liked today.

Once home I sit on the couch with Shinsou and he pulls out a game, I lean over and watch. After a while he sighs. "Do you wanna keep watching or do you wanna play?" I look at him excitedly and get on my knees and nod. He grumbles something and attaches his gaming device to the TV, however that worked and pulled the remotes off the sides. I sat astonished at how the worked. He handed me the blue one and sat down on the couch. It starts and I sit there confused. Shinsou pauses the game and looks over. "Do you even know how to play?" I turn red and shake my head. I don't even know what the game is called. Shinsou huffs and scoots next to me. He explains how to drive the cars and how to use the power ups. After a quick lesson he sits back to where he was. "You ready?" I nod and he unpauses the game. I start to drive and turn. Shinsou was in first while I was in last, but I didn't care. It was fun. I ended up losing the whole thing, but I had fun. Mr. Yamada called for dinner when we were about to start another race. That night was chicken fruit salad, it was pretty good, and there was a lot of strawberries, my favorite. After we played more of the game, which I learned was Mario Cart. This time Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Yamada joined us. I kept losing, literally 12th every time, and the others were all competing for 1st 2nd and 3rd, but I still didn't care. I felt something I hadn't felt in years. I finally felt at home.

I fell asleep on the couch and fell into a dreamers slumber. It was peacefully dark as I slept the night away. I wish everyday could be like this.