Ch. 4 - Aizawa

I just wanted to first, thank everyone for reading. Second, photos I add will now only be jokes and dont correlate to the story, unless told otherwise. Love yall!
_______________________________________

It has been 2 weeks since Aizawa had met the young Midoriya, and he had to say, the kid was growing on him.

Don't get him wrong, kids aren't his favorite. All they do is eat, sleep, cry, and make a mess. They tend to be unintelligent creatures who can't save themselves to, well, save their lives. But, Izuku was diffrent. The once shy and quiet crybaby, seemed to trust Aizawa.

After about a week, doctors concluded the kid wasn't a danger with Eraserhead around. So, they decided to move him to a room with windows. After this, Izuku's personality started to show
The kid was very kind and intelligent. He could tell you anything about heros, villians, and math.

Yes, math. Besides his passion for quirks, he loved math. He would ramble on about equations that would leave Aizawa confused beyond belief. It wasn't uncommon for Aizawa to wake up from a nap to Izuku doing some intense math.

Today was no diffrent, with Izuku working on some math, but this time, he wasn't alone. Nezu, the bear-mouse creature, the principal of the U.A., the smartest creature alive, was sitting on the hospital bed, doing some math with Izuku.

"Good afternoon, Aizawa," spoke Nezu. This caught Izuku's attention. He look up from his math at Aizawa and flashed a large smile, waving furiously.

"Afternoon Eraser! Look! I made a friend, he likes math to," Izuku stated.

With a yawn, Aizawa nodded in response to the young boy.

"Aizawa, I need to speak with you. Izuku, you don't mind if Eraserhead and I went outside to talk, do you?" asked Nezu.

"I don't mind, Mr. Nezu."

"Great! Aizawa, come along."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming. Be good while I'm gone, got that kid?" Aizawa question.

With a smile and a rough nod from Izuku, Aizawa was satisfied and walked out to talk with Nezu.

Once outside Nezu turns towards Shota, "He's a very intelligent kid. I've never met anyone who can do math like that, besides myself of course. But, you can't exactly meet yourself, now can you?"

"No, I dont think you can. To be honest, I can't understand over half of what this kid talks about. Even when he's analyzing villians and heros, some words just go over my head."

"Yes, indeed. During the investigation regarding young Midoriya's case, I found some 'Hero Analysis Books for the Future' that he made. They are very detailed, so I just had to meet him."

"Yeah."

"Some thing wrong Aizawa?"

"I know you didn't just bring me out here to talk about how smart the kid is. So, what is it?"

"Straight to the point as always. Well, regarding housing placement after Izuku is released from the hospital, it seems he has no known family alive. There also seems to be no will from the passed Midoriya's."

"And?"

"And this means he will be sent to an orphanage or placed in a foster home." This made Aizawa stiffen. Thinking about the kid in an unfamiliar environment with his condition, didnt sit well with Aizawa.

"Problem Aizawa?"

"No. What does this have to do with me anyway?"

"The kid seems to like you. While you were sleeping, he did nothing but make up excuses to why you were sleeping, until we started to work on some math, of course," Nezu said with a chuckle. "On top of that, if anything were to happen quirk wise, you seem best equipped to deal with it. You also seem to have taken a liking to h-"

"I can't take care of a kid Nezu. I don't have time and neither does Mic. You know that," Aizawa cut off.

"Well, time can be ma-"

"I'm not excepting that teaching job either. Kids are pests and I couldn't care less."

"So Izuku is a pest?"

Stunned, Aizawa stares at the bear-mouse who just returns it with a smile. "You're putting words in my mouth."

"Am I? You said kids are pests and last time I checked Izuku was a kid."

"He. He's different. He seems to know how to take care of himself and isn't a dumbass."

"Who says other kids arent like that?"

"..."

"Think about it. The kid needs something stable and new 'parents', a new environment, and house hopping isn't going to help."

"..."

Nezu just sighs at Aizawa's silence. "Give Izuku my best, I have a meeting to attend." With that, the bear-mouse walked away.

Aizawa watched Nezu walk down the hall before going back into Izuku's room. He sat in his bed working on a diffrent math problem from before. He looked up, hearing the door, and gives a smile. He takes a sheet of paper that was put off to the side and holds it up. "Look! I managed to figure it out!" He said proudly.

Aizawa gives a smile, a rare event to happen, as his heart flutters at the kids smile. 'Maybe he could take care of Izuku. No, Nezu is right, he needs a stable enviorment. An enviorment I can't give him.'