Ch. 15 - Aizawa

The arrests were uneventful. A bunch of "he's lying!" and "I didn't do it!" Throw in some "I'm innocent!" and that was the extent of what they did. The kids cried, but their grandparents or aunt or uncle, I don't know, picked them up. I don't l blame the kids to much, they were still assholes, but they're still kids I guess. The foster kid from Izuku's 1st family seemed grateful though. She gave us a hug, a thank you, a smile, and a wave before being shipped to an orphanage for the time being.

Even if it was easy, it didn't mean it wasn't short. It took time to wait for the kids' family to show up plus some other boring stuff. Hizashi and I were really hoping for this to go quick, we hadn't visited Izuku for about 3 days now and he was due a visit, unfortunately there was no time today. Visiting hours were over by the time we finally finished, so we just went home and agreed to visit him tommorrow.

Hitoshi was asleep by the time we were home, a bit early but it's whatever, his sleeping habits were similar to mine. We had a quick dinner before falling asleep. Well, Hizashi fell asleep. I finished the paperwork to foster Izuku. The easy part was over. Now, it was time to face Izuku.

The sun had risen and the smell of Hizashi's breakfast was wafting from the kitchen. I haul myself put of bed and sit down at the island. Hitoshi was still asleep, but it was Sunday. After a filling breakfast we get ready to visit Izuku. Dressed and ready we call to Hitoshi.

"Hitoshi, we're leaving!" Hizashi calls.

"Don't forget to feed the cats," I follow. We lock the door and make our way to the hospital.

We sign into the front desk with no questions asked. We were regular visitors for Izuku, so the sign in desk nurses knew up by now. We walk to his room gaining weird looks from nurses and some doctors, they seem worried. We shook it off and got to his door

Looking through the window, I expected Izuku to be playing Solitaire or building a pyramid out of cards, it's what he tends to be doing when we get there, but this time, he wasn't there.

I check the clipboard on the door and, sure enough, it said Midoriya Izuku, but he wasn't there. I pull a nurse who was walking by aside.

"Excuse me, but where is Midoriya Izuku? He's not in his room."

"No, he's in there. He's just not where you can see him," she said rushed before hurrying away.

"That was... weird," Hizashi states.

"Yeah..." I go up to the door and slowly open it. "Izuku? Where are you we came to visit."

Nothing. There was no noise. Hizashi and I walk into the room and start looking around.

"Hey little listener, where are you? We came to play."

There came a little rustle from under the bed. I crouch down to look and low and behold, I see the back of a very small teenager.

"Izuku, why are you under the bed?" I reach out to grab him but he flinches and curls into an even smaller ball.

"Hey... what wrong?"

"..."

"Yeah little listener, are you okay?"

"..."

"Izuku, how long have you been under there?"

"..."

"Arent you hungry little lis-"

"No." A very quiet voice spoke. Izuku was quiet, but not this quiet. This wisper was just barely heard.

"Alright, then. How about we play a game then? My class taught me a new o-"