Ch. 20 - Izuku

I woke up at about 4 in the morning, like I always do, in my room. I'm not quite sure how I got there, but I was in my room none the less. I sat awake, on my bed, in the dark for about an hour before I heard movement from outside my door. There was a very quiet movement to my door, and then a knock. I didn't answer and just looked up when the door creaked open. "Little listener time to wa- oh you're already awake. Well then, good morning." I nod my head to him. "Why don't you get ready for the day then come out to eat when your done." I, once again, nod my head. "Alright then, see you in the kitchen," he says as he leaves and closes my door.I sit there for a minute thinking of what to wear. I decided on a gray hoodie and some light blue overall jeans. I went to a long mirror that hung on the door and looked at myself smiling. It's been so long since I had clean, newly bought clothes that fit and were just for me, and they were cheap to! After giving myself a look, I went to the bed where Tulip sat and pick her up. I opened my door and went to the bathroom so I could brush my teeth and hair. I did the teeth first since that was easy, with my hair, I gave up after 5 minutes with no progress. So, Tulip and I headed to the kitchen where I sat on a stool and Tulip sat on me lap. I played with her ears silently as Mr.Yamada cooked.

"Holy sh... Hey little listener, when did you get here?" He said a little startled. I just shrugged while I played with Tulip. Mr.Aizawa came in next taking a plop down on the stool in front of me. He lays his head down as Mr.Yamada placed a cup of what I assumed was coffee in front of him.

"Mornin' Izu," he said muffled.

"Good morning, Sir."

"Huh?" He said sitting up.

"Good morning, Sir," I say once more, never meeting his eyes.

"Izuku," he said slowly getting up and walking over to me. I stiffen up, how did I greet him wrong? What did I do? That's how my other families made me greet them. What did I do? What did I do? What did I do?

"Izuku?" Mr.Aizawa said alarmed. He quickened his pace and kneeled down to my level. "Izuku, look at Tulip," Look at Tulip? "She really wants some cuddle." I can't breath. "Izuku, pay attention to Tulip." Mr.Yamada stops cooking and leaves the room. "Pay attention to Tulip." Yeah, Tulip. Tulip helps, I like Tulip. She'll never hurt me. She only wants cuddles. I should cuddle her, it'll make her happy. "Good, Izuku." She's happy, I'm happy. "Are you okay Izu?" I look up at him. He looks scared, worried perhaps. I give a nod as I look down, ashamed. "Hey, it's okay kiddo. You didnt do anything wrong." I nod. Mr.Yamada walks back in the room with Shinsou and gets back to cooking. Shinsou takes a seat next to me, he looked me up and down and we made eye contact. He seemed, annoyed? "Izu, can you do me a favor buddy," Mr.Aizawa asked. I looked over to him. "Don't call me sir, I'm not your master or anything," he laughs. I nod.

"Well, who's hungry?" Mr.Yamda asks. Mr.Aizawa goes back to his seat as Mr.Yamada lays down plates of bacon, eggs, and sausage. The smell was overwhelming and I was starting to get nauseous. Instead if pushing a plate over to me to fill up, Mr.Yamada places a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, and bananas on top. Personally, this was much more appealing and seemed much more appetizing to me. As everyone fills up their plates with food, I look up to him for permission to eat. Everyone else had already begun to eat their food as I sat there waiting.

"Izuku, are you not hungry?" Mr.Aizawa asked. My stomach grows in response as I look down embarrassed.

Mr.Yamada chuckles,"Well you better eat before it gets cold, because your stomach sure sounds hungry."

"Thank you for the meal," I said and grabbed my spoon, since I now had permission, and begin to eat.

It was delicious. I don't remember ever having oatmeal as good as that, and the fruit was nice and fresh. "Good job, Izuku," Mr.Aizawa said. I nod and blush in appreciation. Mr.Yamada takes my bowl as well as everyone else's and does the dishes. Shinsou goes to his room while Mr.Yamada and Mr.Aizawa do the dishes. I sit at the island, on the stool, playing with Tulips ears and swing my legs softly.