Ch. 31 - Izuku

This was the worst week of my life. Well, not really, but it was up there. I was so stressed I would use my quirk around my new family, I ended up shutting myself in my room. It never leaked out. Not once in that one week without my collar, but God was I stressing about it. I stressed for no reason and I knew I worried everyone. It wasn't intentional, I was just scared to hurt them. The closest I would get was 10 feet. They managed to get me out of my room to play Mario Cart, but afterwards I immediatly went into my room. On top of all of the stress I was facing both Toshi and I were stressing about the entrence exam. We both already knew we fail, since I got no points but he did manage to get 30 which was pretty darn good. He had a chance compared to me.

Finally, after one week of hiding in my room, thank god it was Winter Break, three things from U.A. came to our house. 1, was a new collar. I snapped that on ASAP and took a deep breath of relief. 2 and 3 were two letters. Our entrence exam results. Toshi and I decided to open them from our rooms, just in case we failed and needed some time. I go to my room and take a seat at the desk, setting the letter in front of me. I take a deep breath and open the letter.

A hologram of All Might appears. "Hello! You might be wondering why I am here. Well I didnt come to fight villians, no no, you're looking at the newest U.A. faculty member!" Guess that's why he was in the hologram. "So you've passed the written exam, but unfortunately you got 0 points on the practical exam, sorry." I know. It's all I've been thinking about. "Fortunetly, there were other factors. Presenting for your viewing pleasure a short clip!" All Might says pointing to a TV in the background. Up pops a videos if the nice girl from the entrance exam.

"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt," she says.

"She came after the entrance exam to talk about you," All Might says.

"You know the boy with really messy hair and all the freckles. Its kinda hard to describe his face," she sighs. "Would it be possible to give him some of my points I earned?" She asked Mr. Yamada. "He wouldve gotten a better score if he didn't help me, I just know it," she pleads. "He saved me! I have to make it up to him! Please sir, you should just give him my points!"

"You have a quirk, yes. But it's your actions which inspire others. And thats why I am here! The practical exam isn't graded on just combat alone!" All Might says. "How could the hero course reject someone who is committed to others no matter the consequences is dedicated to himself. After all that's what makes a hero. This is why we have rescue points. A panel of judges watches. They award points for heroic acts!" He explains. A score board pops up with my name at #7 with 0 villian points and 60 hero points. "Izuku Midoriya 60 hero points!" He yells. "And Ochaco Uraraka, 45 hero points!" The nice girl pops up, guess thats her name. "You both pass the exam," All Might says. I start to cry. I got in. "Welcome Izuku, you are now part of the hero course." The hologram closes and I stand up and wipe my tears. I grab the hologram and trash it, no need for All Might. I go to my door and open it, Shinsou did the same at the same time.

"So, how'd you boys do?" Mr. Aizawa asks.

"I failed," "I got in," Toshi and I say at the same time. I look at him and he looks at me. "No way," we say at the same time. I go over to him but he just hugs me, slightly picking me up.

"No way! You got in, I'm so proud of you!" Toshi says with no bitterness in his voice.

"Wait wait wait, how'd you fail! You got 30 points!"

"Yeah," he laughs. "I was told I just missed the cut. But there's no time to mope! Now I have to prove myself better than you hero course kids. Replace one of you, ya know," he says punching my shoulder playfully.

"Well, then we should celebrate Izuku! We'll go out to eat. What do you want Izuku?" Mr. Yamada asks.

"Katsudon!" Shinsou mocks at the same time that I yell excitedly. I look over to him with a pouty look and he just sticks his tongue out at me.

"What, I knew you'd say it. It's not like I hate it or anything," he shrugs.

"Well then, let's go kids. Grab your shoes and jackets, it's cold out," Mr. Yamada says. We do as we're told and bundle up. We walk to the nearby Katsudon place and it soon starts to snow. We walk through the crowds of people as we're sprinkled by falling snow. We soon reach the quaint little katsudon shop and slide into a booth. We order katsudon and eat it gratefully. It was a good day, but one thing wouldn't leave my mind. The only reason I passed was because I used my quirk. Could I do it without it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the record, in Japan, the year starts in January unlike in the U.S. which starts in August-October. Its why winter break is the time that it is.