Ch. 16- Aizawa / Shinsou

Izuku was doing better. Not the best, but better than normal. He was given a new therapist who managed to properly diagnose him as well as prescribe the right medication to help. He started eating, kinda. He tried to eat, the best he could, but old habits die hard. With as little he used to eat, it was harder for him to stomach a lot of it. Everytime he became sick from eating, he'd freak out. He thought he'd be punished for being sick.

Telling him about Hitoshi was diffrent from what they'd expected. He seemed more excited to have a brother than scared. His explanation was, "If he's your son then he has to be nice!" Honestly, he trusts us way to much now.

It had been 3 months. 3 months since he tried to kill himself. 3 months since he was admitted into the hospital. 2 months since he had been freed. And 1 month since he had officially became their foster child. Izuku finally gained some weight, he was still shy and jumpy, but he didn't have a panic attack every ten seconds. He had been dubbed stable enough to go home.

Izuku sat on the bed as he played the popular card game, War, with Hizashi and Shouta.

"So Izuku, are you excited to leave the hospital?" Hizashi asks as Izuku collect the cards he won.

"Yes," he said with a small smile.

"That's good, were excited for you to finally leave as well," I say.

"Awwww, goodness Izu! How do you keep winning!" Hizashi smiles as Izuku holds all of the cards.

"Luck," he giggles. Seeing him happy is nice. He's finally catching a break. Finally free.

"So you wanna hear the game plan Izu?" Hizashi asks. Izuku tilts his head in question.

"What plan?" He asks.

"For the next two days silly!"

"Oh. Sure," Izuku says simply.

"Well, tommorrow we come at 10 to pick you up. Shouta and I will fill out the paperwor-"

"You mean I'll fill out the paperwork," I interupt.

"Yeah Shouta will fill out the paperwork for you to leave, we'll go home, you'll meet Hitoshi, and we'll have lunch! You'll spend the day getting settled down, but the next day we're going shopping!" Hizashi says with his pizazz.

"Shopping? Why?" Izuku asks.

"What do you mean why? Your clothes are basically rags," I respond.

"Bu-"

"No buts. Besides clothes, you can also get things to decorate your new room plus some things to play with."

"But I have Tulip and the deck of cards."

"Yeah, that's not enough. You already finished off the book of puzzles and that coloring book. You can get more like that or something new."

"Oh. Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fine. I'll say it. I was upset about Izuku. I may have played it off like I was fine, but I was mad and sad and confused. Why did they need another kid, wasn't I good enough? I mean, I know I am, and they probably just want to help. They probably just feel bad for him. I was forced to read up on him, I pity him too. But just because I pity him, doesn't mean I like him.

"Hey Hitoshi! Last day as an only child, you nervous?" Papa says ruffling may hair after walking in. They both just came back from visiting Izuku.

"Ha, not really. It's just another kid."

"I'm glad you think of him that way instead of someone special," Dad replied.

"Eh, it's whatever," I shrug. I didn't want to talk about it so I just turned to my game of Mario Cart.

"So what do you want for dinner little listener? We're going out to eat tonight," Papa asks.

"Hm, just because it's my last day as an only child?" I chuckled.

"Yeah pretty much kiddo. His diet is pretty light and needs organic stuff, so eating out won't happen often," Dad responds.

"Alright then, let go to xxx. Their udon is my favorite," I say standing up. I put my game down and grab my phone off the coffee table.

"Cool, let's go," Dad says.

The dinner was nice. It went how it normally does, I wish we could just stay like this. They don't need another kid.

"So, ice cream?" I asked on our way home.

"Hey, why not," Papa said. So, we stopped by an ice cream parlor. I got Pistachio, Papa got Cookies and Cream, and Dad got Mocha. It was delicious. Who knows if we'll get to do this again. That other kid is just going to ruin our family and Papa and Dad just don't see it. I'll just have to show them.

I'll show them that we don't need him.