18- Hey There, Need A Ride?

This was supposed to be longer but I've been so busy this week, I can't even find enough time to write properly. Sorry for the short chapter but half a loaf of bread is better than nothing, right? I'll make the next chapter long for you my sweet creatures.

Love you loads,

Please enjoy...

**

To say Niall was confused was the understatement of the century. He didn't know how Zayn had deduced the fact that he and Harry had been together the previous night.

But he was even more confused when Zayn mentioned Liam. Was Zayn's boyfriend related to Mr. Payne in anyway?

Was he Mr. Payne's roommate perhaps and Zayn happened to be with him when Harry called for Mr. Payne?

But then again his phone... he clearly forget his phone in Mr. Payne's car, unless Liam and Mr. Payne were the same perso-

No way! Niall sat up straight.

"Is Liam's last name called Payne?" Niall asked when everything kind of fell into place. "Are you dating Mr. Payne?"

He remembered all the times that Zayn had to do a rain check with him because he had stuff to do for his English. Niall didn't think much about it because naturally Zayn had always been passionate about English and now it made sense.

When Zayn kept quiet, biting his lower lip and avoiding eye contact with Niall at all cost, the latter asked again.

"Is he?" This time his voice was so much firmer and Zayn was startled but he just nodded.

"What? Zayn, I can't believe this! Why would you do that and keep it from us, from me?" Niall stood up, forgetting for a moment that he had done the exact same thing but Zayn didn't forget.

"Hey! You can't judge me like that Niall. It's kind of hypocritical, don't you think?" Zayn crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Niall.

Niall sat back down, realising that Zayn was right even though he and Harry weren't exactly in a relationship.

Zayn sat down too and looked at Niall. "I think you heard what Louis had been saying about student teacher relationships ever since I showed interest in Liam. I didn't know where you stand and frankly I thought you were with Louis so I couldn't just tell you. I really neededy friends in this but I couldn't tell you guys." Zayn said after a while of silence and Niall found himself relating.

"I understand Zayn, we are kind of in the same predicament. I mean I know what Louis used to say and you always brushed it off saying you were joking so I thought you supported his judgement too. That's why I never told you." Niall said, he still couldn't believe that Zayn of all people was bold enough to pursue a relationship as dangerous as on with a teacher but who was he to judge, really?

"You and Mr. Styles? Wow it's still so hard to fathom. I mean when you came back you were all about Harry, I didn't think you'd look at any lad after you had been with him." Zayn said as both he and Niall got under the covers and moved up so that their backs were against the headboard.

Niall smirked when he realised that only he knew that they were the same person. "I won't. Look at any other lad, that is."

His smirk grew deeper when he saw Zayn's confused face.

"I don't understand..." Zayn trailed off.

"Mr. Styles and Harry are one person." Niall decided to put Zayn's confused mind at rest.