32- That Was Magical

Niall took a deep breath.

"Um, Harry is my boyfriend like I said. And we've been friends for a while now but we only got together a few days ago." Niall said and looked up at his parents, trying to gauge their reaction.

"Okay, that's awesome. How did you two meet?" His mum asked.

"We actually met last summer, in Spain. I didn't know he was from here too and then at the beginning of the school year, we met again and became friends." Niall replied, not entirely lying but holding back the truth.

"So he goes to your school?" This time it was his dad who asked the question.

"Um no. He uh, he's in Uni." Niall answered nervously.

"Uni? Niall James, how old is he?" His mother asked sternly.

"He's twenty two. Please don't be mad at me."

"Twenty two? He's a bit older for you, don't ya think?" Bobby looked at his son with raised eyebrows.

"I don't know about him, Ni. I love you but I don't want you to be with an older person. What if he starts controlling your life?" Maura asked worriedly.

"He's okay. I promise he's a good person. He would never hurt me, nor would he control me." Niall pleaded, looking at both his parents.

"You may think so, Niall but the moment you fall in love with him, he will chang-" Maura started to say but Niall cut her sentence.

"I already have."

"What do you mean ?" Bobby asked.

"I mean, I'm already in love with him. We are in love with each other. Please don't make me break up with him, I love him so much." Niall said, looking at his parents with pleading eyes.

His parents shared a look and locked eyes as though they were in some kind of silent conversation.

Then his father nodded after a while and his mother spoke up.

"Alright, we'll let you date him but on one condition." She said and Niall internally groaned knowing exactly what they would say.

"You have to bring him here so we can meet him." This time he groaned out loud when his father spoke up. "Hey, it's either that or no Harry at all."

"Okay, okay. I'll bring him just, can it be after the stress of exams? Maybe after I graduate?" He said and his parents looked at each other then nodded with smiles.

"One more question, though. Are you being safe?" Maura asked and Niall felt his face grow hot.

"Mum! Dad, help me!" Niall turned to his father.

"I'm sorry, son but that's a serious question. Are you being safe?" His father smirked.

"Oh my god! I'm not telling you anything about that." Niall said feeling his face get hotter when he recalled the talk his father had given him.

"Come here." Bobby stood up and pulled his blushing son into a warm embrace.

Soon Maura stood up and joined the hug.

Niall's heart swelled with happiness because he had a family he loved with all his heart and whom he knew loved him too just as much if not more.

*

During the last two weeks before the exams, Niall and his friends found themselves buried in school work for longer hours than usual.

His parents had told him to take it easy but he couldn't. They had even taken him out for a game of golf the previous Saturday so that he could loosen up a bit.