28- Why Does This Always Happen

Harry and Mrs. Montgomery looked around the well decorated room and smiled to themselves.

All the graduating students had worked so hard to make the disco possible and the two teachers hoped the earnings would be decent.

"Good work, partner." The female teacher smiled and fist bumped Harry making him smile too.

"Let's get this party started." Harry said and she nodded.

They walked to the entrance and saw the students waiting. They were all nicely dressed and some had dates while others didn't.

They were told to go a tad early so that they would share responsibilities to make the party a success.

Harry scanned the crowd and his eyes landed on Niall who was hanging off of Shawn's arm.

His face hardened and he decided to start giving out responsibilities to the students.

"Shawn Mendes and Martha Hart, door duty. The rest of you please come inside and you'll find out what you'll be doing." Harry said, he smiled when he saw Shawn pouting and Niall laughing at him for getting door duty.

"How come I get door duty for the whole night?" Shawn whined to the two teachers.

"It's not the whole night, Mendes. You'll be rotating. Just the first hour and then someone else will take over while you'll be given something else to do." Mrs. Montgomery said.

"I have a date. What time am I supposed to spend with her?" A lad with red hair asked and pulled a girl he was with closer to him.

Harry decided to answer him.

"You're gonna share a few dances with your dates. But keep in mind that you lot are here to raise money for your graduation so you have to work first before you decide to party." Harry explained and they all nodded because he was right.

Niall sent one more look at Shawn who was now trapped at the entrance and getting ready to check people's tickets and take their coats.

Mrs. Montgomery started speaking and Harry got off his staring-at-Niall trance when he heard her call Niall's name.

You lot will start circulating the drinks when the guests start arriving. Make sure everyone has a drink and politely ask for refills and such. Also when your tray is empty, go over to the food table and grab a new tray that Horan, Chadwick and Jordan will be in charge of refilling. Any questions?"

Most of them understood what they had to do except one hand that went up.

"Yes, Chadwick." Mrs. Montgomery called on her.

"And what if everyone has their drinks, what are we supposed to do then?" She asked.

"You guys will be at the food table so make sure you assist those who will come to get food. Which means if you want to dance or something, you can't all go at the same time." She said and Harry internally cheered.

He was hoping that Niall and Shawn stayed far away from each other because he didn't want to see them dancing together.

And he made it a mission to make sure Niall is occupied.

When the two teachers were sure that everyone understood what they were supposed to be doing, they officially opened the disco dance.

And it wasn't a surprise that there was a line of people waiting outside. They were using the entrance that led directly into the car park and not the one that led to hallways.

"See you later guys." Harry heard Zayn say to Niall and Louis.

"I can't believe you'll be over by the DJ station helping out, I'm so jealous." Louis whined making his friends laugh.