trust

i called you earlier this morning to see if you wanted to come over for a while and you said okay. so when i heard a knock on the door i opened it. you frowned at me and being confused, i asked, “what?”

“you answered the door.”

“i’m supposed to?”

“but what if it was someone dangerous?” you scolded.

“oh.”

you ruffled my hair as you walked past and i glared at you. i closed the door and locked it.

“how’s your…?” i ask, hinting at his wound. he shrugs with one shoulder and pulls his shirt up, revealing a clean bandage.

“healing,” you say swiftly. “i’ll survive.”

i smile at that. “wanna go up to my room?” i ask, then my eyes turn wide at how not so innocently that sounded. you were smirking and i flipped you off. “not like that, dumbass.”

“wouldn’t say no to that, either.”

my heart did a flip and i tried to ignore what you said, but blood rushed to my cheeks and i ended up hiding beneath my hair. you laughed. “i’m kidding.”

“i know,” i say a bit too quickly and you start to walk to my room as i follow you. you open the door and run to my bed, jumping on it.

“i sleep there,” i deadpanned. “you break it, you buy it.”

you roll your eyes. “where’s your mom?”

“out with my aunt,” i shrug. “my aunt is making her become more social.”

“good for her,” you say, smiling. i shrug in response.

i walk to the dvd stack we have and rummaged through them. “what do you want to watch?”

“anything.”

i look back at you with an incredulous look. “just pick a movie.”

“doesn’t matter to me.”

“really.” i deadpan, glaring at you. you smile.

“the amazing spiderman?”

this time it’s my turn to smile as i find it. “gotcha,” i say as i slide it in the dvd player. i press ‘play’ and walk to your side. i sit down next to you and you’re laid down but i direct my eyes in front of me.

the beginning starts and you pull my arm down, so i’m lying right next to you. i start to pull back but you speak up.

“i’m not going to hurt you,” you say.

“i know,” i whisper back.

“do you trust me?”

i look up at you and your jade eyes are shining and i can’t help but nod.

“i do.”

you place a gentle kiss on my forehead that makes my heart soar and i couldn’t focus for the rest of the movie.