gun

a/n: this is getting cliche and i apologize. but hope you like the action.

jasper's p.o.v.

i run out of the room and lock valerie in the bathroom, and then lock her bedroom door shut before running down the hallway and seeing her mom face to face with a gun.

a gun that belonged to him. to the guy that grabbed me and haunted me ever since that day. gregory. his black hair is long to his shoulders and the scar under his eye is present. i thought i blinded him with that shot.

“so now you show your face?” he taunts. i freeze in my tracks as he twirls the gun around with his finger, lowering it away from her shaken form. he begins to walk around slowly, so much that it’s threatening. “so, this is where you spend all your time at…”

“fuck off, greg—“

he points the gun at me and laughs a belly laugh that sounds cruel and villain-like, and it’s all too real.

my head spins as i hear valerie banging on the door. i curse in my mind and gregory stops what he’s doing and he raises an eyebrow. “is that your girlfriend?”

her mother looks over at me with big eyes and she’s crying and gregory looks over at her. “shut it,” he snaps. she closes her eyes and looks away, before he redirects his attention on me. “oh, come on,” he whines. “i just wanted to say hi…”

“that’s a bunch of shit,” i curse. “what are you really here for?”

he suddenly grins and observes his gun. “revenge is too cliché,” he says. he looks up at me darkly. “so i’ve come for vengeance.”

“why—“

he interrupts me with a glare. “jared. who else?”

“it’s been almost two years—“

“two years too long!” he shouts. “jared was the best in the group and you-you killed him, you just—“

“it was an accident and you know it was!” i shout. he raises the gun towards me and puts his finger on the trigger. i throw my hands up. “go ahead,” i say quietly. “shoot me. you’ve already stabbed me… why not get another scar?”

he laughs again. “this’ll put more than a scar on you. how does a gravestone sound?”

“it sounds—“

jasper!”

my eyes snap open as valerie stands in the doorway and her eyes are swollen and her face is wet with tears, but she’s beautiful. she’s so goddamn beautiful and—

“is this her?” he asks, stepping close to her. she looks over at him and her face pales.

“don’t you dare touch her—“

“or what?” he asks, walking over to her. she looks at him with wide, scared eyes and she’s shaking. i go to her, but he points the gun towards me once more.

“silly boy,” he mumbles, but it’s loud enough for us to hear. “hello,” he talks as if he’s talking to a child. “what’s your name?”

“i-i…” she starts, but i interrupt.

“don’t answer him!” i yell, but he glares at me. he walks over to her and swings an arm around her shoulder and she tries to push him off, but he doesn’t oblige. i ball my hands into fists and my mind is whirring.

“you don’t have to,” he says to her, venomously. “ms. valerie marie.” he grins again as if he’s won a race and suddenly she punches him in the gut and i go run to her, when the sound of a gunshot goes off.

pow!

the sound echoes against the living room walls and everything and everyone stands still.

police sirens and ambulances are heard in the distance and the room is too still. her mother must’ve called 911 when we weren’t looking. she must’ve—

valerie!” a blood curdling scream comes out of her mother.

and just like that…