Chapter 9

Elena's POV

I shot out of bed as I felt bile rising. Rushing into the bathroom, I puked out whatever that would come out. I heard the bathroom door open as Ethan entered. I'm sure the force of the door banging woke him up.

He started rubbing my back as I continued emptying my tummy. My body finally started relaxing and I took this as my opportunity to stand. I flushed and stood up. Going to the sink I rinsed my mouth.

I looked out the window in the bathroom and noticed that it was dark outside. I looked at Ethan and he was looking at me with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm sorry I woke you up so early." I said looking down.

"Why are you apologizing? It's normal and anyways, I'm glad that I'm actually doing this with you, even though I'm not the one that's gonna have baby in me for nine months but the least I could do is be with you throughout the duration. Right?" He said looking down at me.

I just nodded. Puking takes a lot of energy and I felt drained.

"Come on let's get back to bed." He said pulling me out of the bathroom.
He sat me on the bed and glanced at the alarm clock on his side of the bed.

It's currently 04:09am and here I am throwing up.

"I'll have Barbara come over to drop your meds and whatever else you'll need." He said climbing into bed.

"Who's Barbara?" I asked confused.

"My family doctor, she's the one that we'd gone to. You were kinda shocked after finding out about the bun in your oven so I didn't go back to her for the prescriptions and all. So I'll just have here come later on today. I'm sure there's something that'll help with your morning sickness." He explained looking at me.

Why does he keep looking at me like that.

"Okay." I replied.

I was about to get back in bed but realised that I only had the boxers on. I looked at the bed then the floor and saw the sweatpants on the floor. I looked at Ethan and I saw him sporting a smug smirk on his face. I felt like face palming myself, I'm so embarrassed.

"Did I..?" I started, but trailed off not knowing what to say. This is so embarrassing.

"Yep, I woke up when I felt you shifting around, I thought something was wrong till I saw you giving me a strip show in your sleep. I must say, you're talented." He chuckled.

This isn't funny! Argh! Why do I always have to do that. For some reason I can't sleep with anything long or tight on me. If I do I take off in my sleep. That's why pants and long sleeves are a no-no for me when sleeping. Sometimes even dresses.

I buried myself under the covers and groaned. For some reason that was amusing to Ethan because he started laughing. Why is he laughing at me and why do I feel like crying?

This is just too embarrassing. Before I knew it I was sniffling and a tear trailed down from my eye and very soon after that one many more followed behind. Ethan stopped laughing and pulled the sheets from my head and looked at me. He saw my tear stricken face and pulled me up.

"What's wrong? Are you in pain? Are you hurt?" He asked doing a once over check on me.

I continued crying and buried myself into his chest, not being able to keep eye contact with him.

"What's wrong Lena?" He sounded very worried now. I shivered slightly from the way my name sounded coming from him. But ignored it and gripped his shirt.

"I didn't mean to take the sweatpants off, but it just happens to me when I wear something tight and you-you laughed at me." I hiccuped them sniffled.

"Is that why you're crying?" He seemed taken back by my response. And his question seemed to open another floodgate that led to more tears falling.