Chapter 35

Elena's POV

"Lena?" I heard JoJo when I picked up her call.

"Yeah?" I asked

"What are you doing right now?"

"Sitting in front of the TV in my jammies. Why?" I asked.

"I was just wondering if you could like come over. I got something that I wanna tell you and Abby!" She excitedly rushed through her words.

"You got a boyfriend? Or are you maybe pregnant?" I asked

"No. Stop guessing and just get your ass over here." She cut that call with a giggle.

There goes my plans for sitting in front of the TV for the whole of today.

"Shit!" I painfully groaned. I sit back down when I felt my tummy contract. The pain passed after a few minutes.

I tried calming myself down and taking deep and steady breaths. In, out. In, out.

When I was calm and the contractions stopped, I got up so I could change and head over to JoJo's.

I don't wanna tell Ethan about it because we've already visited Barbara thrice. And I'm already tired of going there because of these false alarms. Barbara already told me that they're Braxton Hicks and that the baby is literally playing mind, or in this case body games. So I refuse to out him in a state of panic.

On my way to the room I stop by Ethan's home office. He's been working at home because I can't be left one at home because I could pop at any time.

"Ethan." I popped my head in.

He looked up from his paperwork and computer.

"Come here." He called, pushing his chair back and patting his lap.

I walked in and settled on his lap.

"You're getting heavier." He stated while pulling me closer.

"I could get u-" I tried getting up.

"I'm not complaining babe." He smiled at me.
"Were you missing me?" He smirked.

"No. Just came to tell you that JoJo called me over because she's got a surprise for me." I hopefully said, knowing fully well that he'll refuse.

"Can't she come here?"

"I doubt. Because she said that she'd already called Abby over to her place."

"But babe you've got those Braxton Hicks. Your due date was yesterday. Your water could break at any time. And I'm not risking you going out when I'm no where near you."

"I know. So how about you come and wait in the car outside, then I can go in and come out as soon as she tells me whatever she has to. And in case anything happens you'll be right outside." I reasoned.

"Okay. But only because I love you."

"Thank you. Now let's go." I kissed his cheek then stood while tugging his wrist.

"You're going out like that?" He eyed my three quarters and his shirt that I had on.

"Yeah, I'm too tired to change and it's not like I'll be taking long anyways. I'll be in and out so no one but you and my two best friends will see me." I nodded.

"Okay. As long as she doesn't have any males at her place." He stood.

"It'll only be Jojo, Abby and I. That, I can assure you of.- Where are you taking your laptop to?" I stopped behind while eyeing the laptop in his hold.