Chapter 33

Elena's POV

We've made the headlines.

Here I am looking at today's newspaper and can't help but stare at the huge picture of Ethan glaring at Mrs incubator yesterday at the food court, in big on the front page do the newspaper.

Billionaire, Ethan Knight found at a local food court yesterday with two ladies. One, who was identified to be his fiance Elen-

I stopped reading, not wanting to stress myself out as it's not good for me or the baby.

I pick up my phone when I hear Auburn's voice singing perfect two.

"Lena?" JoJo started

"Yes JoJo?"

"Why am I seeing you and Ethan on Celebrity 101? And why does that woman look like your incubator?" She asked, referring to that celebrity gossip site that she's always on.

"Are we on that too? I thought it was only the newspaper?" I gasped

"Wait, you're on the newspaper too?" I heard shuffling on her end, then a door bang. "You're right, you guys on the newspaper too. What'd y'all do?"

"Nothing really, just my mother being her dramatic self." I commented

"What did she do now? And what has Ethan done about you guys appearing on like all social media sites?" I let out a sigh at her question.

"She had just said a couple things and nearly slapped me which led to me almost falling down and Ethan catching me. Long story short Ethan was very pissed. And to answer your other question, I actually just got up and Ethan isn't home."

"That nerve that that old hag has!" She gasped. "I hope Ethan deals with her because you're too much of a softie."

"No I'm not!!" I loudly exclaimed

"Yes you are. What were you gonna do after her 'saying stuff' to you?" She said in a mocking way.

"Walk away?" I mumbled

"Exactly, and you wanna tell me that you aren't a softie, pssssh please."

I giggled when I envisioned her facial expression and the way she'd probably waved her hand in a dismissing manner.

"JoJo, can I call you back?" I asked when I saw Ethan walk in.

"Sure." She chirped

"Bye, love you!" I said while blowing kisses and hung up.

"Ethan. Have you seen the newspapers?" I asked in a panicked tone

"Don't worry. Dad's lawyer is working on it. This whole thing should be cleared up by noon." He dropped his keys and came to where I was on the couch.

"Okay. Where'd you go?"

"I'd gone to take care of that woman who verbally abused you and tried to assault you yesterday. But you no longer have to worry about her." He said

"What did you do?" I squeaked.

"She's going to be serving five years in prison for assaulting a pregnant woman." He said.

"Oh. Okay. I'll go have a shower." I said and stood so I could ascend the stairs.

"Lena." He called.

"Yeah?" I turned.

"You're not upset, are you?" He asked

"No. I'm just happy that she's out of my life and that she can't harm any of us now." I tried to force a smile.