Chapter 20

Elena's POV

As soon as we walked into the dining room, I swear I saw heaven. The food was calling out to me. From the lasagne to the pot roast. Everything was looking so edible and yummy.

Ethan chuckled again when my tummy made more noises. By now, I'm beyond famished.

Everyone got seated, I of course sat next to Ethan. And God wasn't on Ethan's side beside just across me sat a red chubby cheeked Sean with an ice pack still firmly pressed against his cheek.

Ethan grunted when he saw who was across me, and his grunt caused Sean to look at him and as soon as he noticed what got his brother irritated he smirked and placed the ice pack down.

"Now tell me what took you so long to get here and why your cheek is red and swollen. Did you perhaps get into a fight?" Mrs Knight rushed out as she placed those big serviettes or handkerchiefs or whatever its called on her lap.

"No. I just had a misunderstanding with someone." Sean glared at Ethan.

We all placed those big serviettes on our laps and then it was favourite part! The food started moving around.

I have exactly three plates in front of me. Guess that's all I've got to work with. I took the pot roast first and scooped some out with potatoes and placed it in my bowl.

"Does that misunderstanding involve you manhandling your sister in law?" I looked up to see who said that and it was Michael if I'm not mistaken.

The twins snorted.

"Is a friendly introduction considered man handling?" Sean asked.

"What were you doing with your sister in law?" Asked the mom.

"Just introducing myself, then all of a sudden your child went hulk on me." Sean rolled as he and Ethan glared at each other.

I reached for the chicken and took two drumsticks. I wanted the salad as well, but couldn't reach so I nudged Ethan. He looked at me and I pointed to the salad with dressing. He looked at the salad then at my plates and smirked.

He gave me the dressing and still displayed the smirk on his face.

I made space on my biggest plate for some more chicken stroganoff.

I looked around the table to see if there was anything else that I found beautiful but felt that it was enough. I looked up when I noticed that it was eerily quiet and noticed that all eyes were on me.

I placed my fork and knife down then looked around the table. Literally everyone was looking at me with an unreadable facial expression, only Ethan was sporting a smirk, while one of the twins looked like he was about to have some attack.

I looked at Ethan and he was still smirking. I look at the mom and she's smiling at me, but everyone else looks troubled.

"What's wrong?" I ask breaking the ice that seemed to appear in the room.

Everyone seemed to snap out of whatever reverie they were in. Everyone just shook their heads, clearing their throats.

"All right, let's share the grace then we can all ea-"

"Are you gonna eat all of that?" One of the twins interrupted their mom.

The other twin smacked the back of his head.
"You don't say such things Jason. Don't you know it's rude to question people about what and how much of food they eat?" Mason scolded Jason.

"I'm sorry... It's just that, that's a lot of food for a woman to be eating." Jason said.

"So what are you trying to say?" Mr Knight asked