Chapter 26

Elena's POV

My eyes snapped open when I felt pain in my left abdomen. My hands instinctively moved to caress my tummy and I could feel my little champion kicking.

I sat up on the bed and lifted my shirt and rubbed my belly.

"Someone's a little feisty today." I cooed as baby continued kicking my abdomen and then suddenly stopped. I felt baby move then the kicking continued but now on my ribs. "Owww, have some mercy on mommy. Mommy is going to an event with daddy tonight. Is that why you're so hyper right now? " I giggled. " I bet if daddy was here, you wouldn't be kicking me so hard." I sometimes get jealous of the bond that Ethan has with baby, if the baby's a girl, I swear she's gonna be a daddy's girl. "I think I should call Daddy, I haven't heard from him all day and I think we're both missing him."

I reach for my phone that was under my pillow and dialed Ethan's number.

"Babe." Was the first thing he said after three rings. Just that one word alone was enough to increase my heart rate and create a damn zoo in my tummy.

"Ethan." I whined

"What's wrong? Is everything okay? Are you in pain? Are you and baby alright? " He bombarded me with questions.

"I miss you. I miss you so much! Even baby misses you, so much that baby woke me up from my nap with the constant kicking. And you're not here to talk to baby so I can continue with my nap." I nearly cried out.

"I'm so sorry baby. I just had a lot of meetings lined up today, and...and I'm sorry that I wasn't with you at all today- You know what? Cut the call and I'll video call you. I have to see your beautiful face right now." He rushed through.

I cut the call and answered the video call on the first ring.

He smiled at me, and I swear my heart skipped a beat. His hair looked messy, I bet he ran his fingers through it a million times. He seemed to be in a hall that was being decorated, as I could see people moving in the background with flowers and curtains.

He started moving away from the hall and got into a room then locked the door. He was in the washroom.

"How's my darling doing?" He smiled

"I'm tired. And when I finally got to nap, baby started kicking. Please talk to your child." I whined and moved the phone down to my tummy.

Even from the video call, one could clearly see how my left side was moving in a slight in-out motion because of how I was being kicked. Baby must really be excited and hyper today, and I didn't have any sugary stuff.

"How's my little baby doing today? I can see that you're very awake and are trying to make your presence known, but don't be like mommy. You know we always give you attention, and are always aware of your presence. So decrease the kick boxing in your mommy's tummy, she's my partner at the gala tonight and I need my partner on her two feet. Please be a good daddy's girl and listen to me. Daddy loves you sky size." He finished off while blowing kisses.

It's like baby could understand what Ethan said. The constant kicking on my left side softly stopped.

"Why doesn't baby listen to me?" I pouted

"Because you're not daddy." He smiled again. I bet if he was here he would've flicked my nose.

"I wish you were here. I would really appreciate a human pillow and a cuddle buddy right now." I pulled his pillows to my sides because it wouldn't come to chest because I have the phone resting ontop of my tummy and my thighs. "I miss you..." I whined

"You'll see me in a bit love. Then you'll have me for the rest of the night, and eternity." He said, running his fingers through his hair. That move!

"I want you now" I complained