Chapter 28

Ethan's POV

"Are you sure you have all the needed documents." I asked Sean as we stepped out the car.

"Yes." He replied in a bored tone. Sometimes working with your younger sibling can be annoying because no matter what he does I can't fire him.

We make our way in and head to the receptionist.

"Morning. We're here for the meeting with the CEO." I greeted the young receptionist.

She smiled at me and blushed when she noticed Sean. Kids.

She looked back down at her memo and looked back up at me and spoke. "You're early."

"I know. We can make our way up right?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, sure" she rushed.

Real reason why I'm actually early is because I want to see Elena. My plan is to surprise her when I get there, and if there's lots of young males in the meeting then I'll be sure to make them understand that I've marked my territory.

I just can't love her enough. Lena is my drug. I'm like a fiend and she's literally all that I need. Her craziness, those curls on her head, her melanin skin, it's all just intoxicating. And her in bed..

"And a little heads up, I just thought you might want to know that Cruella lives on that last floor. " Sean's voice interrupted my thoughts from going back to last night.

"Who is Cruella and why is there a person living in a corporation? " I asked him

"You don't know Cruella?" Sean gasped.

"No?" I shook my head

"Oh Lord! I have to have a talk with Elena about this. What is she doing with you? Why don't you know Cruella? Maybe if y'all stopped getting nasty all the time you'd know Cruella." He ranted.

I rolled my eyes at his behaviour.

The lift dinged and we walked out. I only came with Sean because he's secretary and literally the person I need with me in this meeting. Call me a person with trust issues, but I don't really trust involving lots of workers in meetings that don't involve them. That just increases the rate of them going to sell ideas to other people and I don't have the time nor energy to entertain that extra type of shit.

I spotted a lady sitting behind a desk and noticed that it was the only desk around here, so I approached it. "That's her!" Sean whispered behind me.

I ignored him and approached the so called Cruella.

"Are you Cruella?" I asked

"Excuse me?" She looked up

"How many secretaries are there on this floor?" I ignored her.

"Oh, you must be Mr Knight, you're early. I'm Stella." She stood, with a very wide smile on her face. She stretched her hand forward for a hand shake. I looked at it then back at her.

"You didn't answer my question."

"You're here for the meeting isn't? Then why worry about the amount of secretaries here?" She came to stand beside me.

"Told you" Sean whispered again.

"Why are you here?" Stella, or Cruella or whatever her name is, asked Sean.

"You still haven't given me my desired answer." I interrupted her

"Well, I'm the only secretary here. The boss also has a PA whose office is over there.. " she pointed to a door and I started making a beeline to it. She continued following me, why is she so clingy?
"But let me warn you, she's very lazy and barely even does any work-"