Chapter 29

Elena's POV

Why am I so tired? I let out a yawn and stretch my sore muscles.

I throw my hand on to the other side of the bed in hopes of feeling Ethan there, but instead my hand comes in contact with a very hard surface.

"Oww!" I quickly sat up and massaged my wrist.

"What happened?- Ahhhhhh you're awake!" Sean shouted then ran out.

"Babe! You're awake!" Ethan rushed to my side.

"Yeah, why weren't you in bed with me?" I asked.

He chuckled and pecked my forehead, then my nose, then lips.

"How many times will I have to tell you that you shouldn't kiss me when I've just woken up!" I scolded him.

"For the rest of our lives I guess." He shrugged and leaned in for another kiss but I looked away.

Only now do I notice that we're not in our room.

"Ethan, are we in the hospital?" I asked as I noticed the hospital dress on me.

"Yep." He popped the p

"I blacked out in the office. How did you get me and how long have we been here?" I questioned

"I was planning on surprising you, but you surprised me instead. Never give me a surprise like that again. Okay?" He looked me right into the eyes.

"Mmh-mmh." I nodded and looked away. His stares always make me feel overwhelmed.
"I don't even know what was wrong with me. I'd just finished eating and when I wanted to leave my office for the meeting everything started spinning and then I was out." I explained.

"Yeah. Mom had Michael and the twins check out the CCTV footage in your office and we saw exactly what happened. I'm sending Cruella to jail for a couple of months because she thought it would be fun to tamper with your health." Ethan sounded pissed.

"Stella drugged me? Why am I not surprised?" I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you not seem phased by this? Has something like this happened before?" He stood in front of me.

"Naah, we just don't get along." I shrugged.

"So that gave her the right to spike your hot  chocolate? Why are you so calm about this, when something bad could've happened. Do you know what would've happened if she were to put three pills in your drink?" He started freaking out.

"Babe, calm down." I reached for his hands.

"Don't tell me to calm down when she put your and the baby's lives in danger. I don't know what would've happened to me if anything happened to you guys." His voice went low.

I pulled him to stand between my legs that were hanging off the bed.

"Nothing happened. We're fine. Nothing happened. I had my deserved sleep, and I'm up after a day of sleep?"

"Three days." Ethan interrupted.

"Ahhhh! Three days?! I wake up after three days and you bloody kissed me?!"

"Not my fault you're irresistible." He chuckled. "But back to the matter at hand. You really did scare me. I think the only time I've left your side throughout these three days is when Mom was getting loud. But either than that I was here, by your side."

I scanned him and even though he looked tired, with his messy hair. He looked really sexy with his black joggers and his white tee.

"You look hot." I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair.