Chapter 14

Elena's POV

"You wanna talk about it?" Ethan asked, as he gently ran his fingers up and down my back. We were currently sitting on the bed, in a cuddling position.

"My mom has never really played the role of a mother in my life." I started.

"She would always complain about everything I did. Sometimes even things I had no control over. She'd complain about my body being too big, how rough my afro has always been and so on. The funny thing is that I resemble both her and dad. Dad, dad died when I was about nine. I think that was the saddest day of my life. And even though it was kinda stupid of me, I still expected some comforting from my mother. But my father's death seemed to trigger something in her. She'd never even once laid her hands on me, but sometimes I wished she did. Because there are somethings that people say that just seems to have an eternal effect on you. I'd always avoided crying in my childhood years because she'd always call me a hypocrite and that my tears were fake. But believe me when I say that I never faked anything, I've always been a sensitive person. Not even a month after dad's passing, she got with this guy. I never really had a problem with them. I mourned my dad in private.
By the time I was around sixteen, she started urging me to get with guys, she'd always talk about how I'm not smart like her when it came to men and so on. Soon as I clocked eighteen, I moved away from her, since I was legal, I managed to access the money that my dad had put away for me and used it for my studies. But she somehow still manages to get my number and I can't blacklist or block her number because she  always changes her number. She hasn't contacted me in a while but I'm sure the news now gave her a reason to." I emotionlessly explained.

"I don't know what else to say besides me being sorry. Now that I'm with you, I won't let her harm or baby. And I want you to know that as long as we've got trust, understanding and communication in this relationship I'll always believe you because I know the kind of soul you have." Ethan said.

His words made me emotional but I urged myself to not cry anymore.

"Ethan?" I called, looking up at him.

"Yes baby?" He answered looking down at me.

"I want you to know that I don't blame you for her finding me." I smiled up at him.

"I know baby, I know. Now get some sleep." He said, pulling me even closer to him.

His soft breathing and the quiet rhythm of his heartbeat lulled me to sleep.

---

I got rushed out of bed and heaved out all the spaghetti that I ate. I brushed after puking and left the bathroom. I noticed that Ethan was still in deep sleep.

I made my way downstairs since I was craving something cold and frozen, just the thought of it could make me moan.

I checked his freezer and this guy didn't have any ice cream in his freezer. I check the fridge and see some yoghurt. I quickly pop it into the freezer and go back upstairs in hopes that it'll freeze soon.

Three minutes later I go check on it and it's still not frozen. I close the freezer and go back up.

I lie on the bed but sleep doesn't seem to come.

I toss and turn in bed, but I'm unable to sleep because all I have on my mind is ice cream or fro-yo.

I look over at Ethan and he's still sleeping. I feel so bad and guilty for doing this but I need him up.

"Ethan" I tapped. Nothing.

"Ethan" I said louder and slightly shook him. Still nothing.

"Oh my gosh my water broke!" I shouted and looked at him but he just turned and didn't get up, talk about a deep sleeper.

I got on top of him, with my legs on either side of him, in a straddling position and leaned down so I could hold his shoulders. Soon as I reached it I started shaking him.

"Eeethaaan!" I dragged out. Nothing.

I adjusted myself on his waist when my hands slipped off his shoulders, I tried to move up but as soon as I did I heard him hiss.

"Fuck! Lena what are you doing?" He hissed, looking at me in shock. His voice was deeper because of sleep.

"I've been tryna get you up for a while now, I even shouted about my water breaking but you still lay there, imagine if my water really broke, you were gonna let me die in pain." I exploded.

"Okay, okay calm down. Now why were you trying to get me up?" He asked.

"You don't have any ice cream." I sheepishly said.

"Yes, and?" He confusedly asked.

"I feel like I'm gonna die if I don't get it." I desperately said

"You want ice cream at two in the morning?" He smirked

"Don't judge, now what are we gonna do?" I hopefully asked.

"Let's go look for open grocery stores, and hopefully one is because I need my sleep, I've got a meeting tomorrow morning."

I tried to slip off him and he hissed again then firmly held hips in one place. "Stop moving." He strained out.

He very carefully got up with me still on him, my legs wrapped around his waist when he stood. He let go of my hips when he was up right and I slipped down.

He slipped a shirt on along with slippers and reached for me.

"Lemme change." I said.

"No need, you'll stay in the car." He said whilst getting his keys.

...

After driving to about six stores which were all closed.

Ethan called someone and told them to go get ice cream that he had at his mansion.

We got home and just as I remembered my yoghurt, Ethan also walked in with ice cream.

His jaw dropped when he saw me pull out the yoghurt from the freezer.

"You're very lucky that you're sexy and pregnant. Otherwise you don't wanna  know what I'd do to you." He said shaking his head.

He placed the ice cream on the kitchen counter and strolled back to the bedroom.