Chapter 41

Elena's POV

"Elena... With this ring, I promise to stand by you in all situations. Be it when you're down or sick, I promise to be there. To stand by you even when the whole world is against you, I'll be your companion, your partner in crime. I promise to be your acquaintance and partner in Parenthood. With this ring I promise to protect you and our children. I promise to be your protector. With this ring i declare my fidelity to you and promise to take you, and you alone as my lover. With this ring I promise to be your lover and to keep a cool mind during our arguments..." He chuckled before going on, " ...But before I am your protector, husband and lover, I promise to be your best friend. They say that when days are dark friends are few but I promise to be there on dark and bright days. I promise to always be the shoulder that you'll lean on or cry on if need be and to be the one that you can always count on. I give you this ring as a symbol of my friendship, love and devotion to you. And i gibe you this ring as my wife." He finished off by slipping the ring down my ring finger.

I sniffled while trying to keep the tears from falling. He gives me a charming smile before mouthing, 'I love you' and sending a wink my way. And him doing that was all it took for my tears to fall.

"Elena." The priest says.

I sniffle then nod. Sean comes up behind me with tissue and Ethan's ring on the pillow. I smile at him then mumble a thanks. He wiped my stray tears for me then pushes the tiny pillow towards me. I let out a soft chuckle then take Ethan's ring.

"Ethan, I give you this ring as symbol of my fidelity and trust in you. I promise to be your partner and companion. To stand beside you through all our hardships and every situation that may be thrown at us. I promise to honour you everyday and to love you without condition. I promise to challenge you to be a better person and to let you do the same for me. Ethan, you're literally my blessing in disguise. You unexpectedly entered my life and though there was change in my life, it was a good kinda change. You changed my life for the better.." I glanced over at the girls who are in mom's and dads arms. "... we've stuck with each other for as long as we've been together and I promise that I'll continue sticking to you for the rest of our lives. I love you Ethan. So I give you this ring as a reminder of the promises that I've made to you this day on this alter." I finish off with a sniffle and slide the ring on his finger. I look up at him to see that his eyes look red but he ain't letting the tears fall. I smile at the fact I'm not the only emotional person here.

"Do you, Ethan Knight, take Elena Parke, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, from this forward; till death do y'all apart?" The priest asked.

"I do." He said with his eyes staring deep within mine through the veil.

"Do you, Elena Parke, take Ethan Knight, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health; from this day forward till death do y'all apart?" The priest repeated.

"I do." I boastfully say.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest concluded.

Ethan lifts my veil with a smirk on his face and smashes his lips to mine in a hot kiss.

I hear his brothers holler and whistle in the background. We pull away with smiles on our faces. Ethan has his forehead against mine with a grin on his face.

"You're finally Mrs Knight." He says with his hands around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"And you taught our daughters how to kiss." I wink at him with a mischievous smirk on my face. My hands on his shoulders playing with his hair. I throw a glance and see that the two girls are all smiles.