Chapter 13

Elena's POV

I put away the last file as I started to pack up since it was the end of the day. I got to work today thinking that Stella or someone at least noticed my absence from work, but nope. Neither did Stella nor Mr Parker ask about my whereabouts since the meeting.

The people here are just... I have no words for them.

Just as I finish pack up and log out my account on the company's laptop, my phone started ringing.

I giggled as I saw the caller ID, it read 'baby-daddy'.

"Hello.." I sang into the phone.

"Hey babe, I'm waiting downstairs." He said

"Okay, I'll be down in a sec." I said and hung up.

I took my bag and headed out. I saw that the lights in Mr Parker's office were on and Stella wasn't by her post. I'm so not gonna go in there and walk into another porno.

On getting out the building I saw Ethan across the road, leaning on his car. He seemed to be in a deep discussion with someone. He was looking like a hot snack!

He wore black denim jeans, an orange tee, white socks with black Nike sliders. His midnight black hair looked like he ran his fingers though it a couple of times.

I crossed the road and decided to creep up on him. Just as I said 'boo!' he put his phone away and turned to me, making me shriek from the sudden movement

His hands wrapped around my waist and he buried his face in my neck, his nose was softly stroking the side of neck.

"How was your day?" He asked, his breathe tickled my neck.

"It was alright." I shrieked and giggled.

"Did you have all your breakfast pastries?" He asked, pulling away from me.

I nodded, looking down and blushed.

"We're going to my place tonight." He pecked my forehead and opened the door for me. I slid in and he shut the door.

"Why are we going to your place?" I asked after he got into his side and shut the door.

"Because, I want to spend some time with you." He winked my way.

I chuckled and chose to relax in my seat.

...

"Where are we?" I asked I got out the car and realised that we weren't in front of mansion.

"My penthouse." He said, locking the car and making his way to me.

"Why aren't we at your mansion?" I asked as he led me into the lobby and headed towards the elevators.

"Good evening Mr Knight." Came a too friendly distant greeting from the lady at the reception as we strolled pass.

Ethan looked back at her and nodded in acknowledgement.

"You didn't answer my question." I reminded him as we got into the elevator.

"There's a small situation there." He said, looking unsure.

"Who was that woman?" I asked him

"Which woman?" He asked as he pressed the button for the top most floor.

"The one at the reception."

"You just answered your own question babe, she's the reception lady." He chuckled

"Why was she looking at you like that?"

"Like what?" He asked as he came closer to me and raised one eyebrow down at me. Does he get any hotter?