Chapter 1

Photo of Hayden 👆

Photo of Hayden 👆

Hayden's pov

-

The night was finally here.

My Graduation Party.

I recently finished high school a few days ago, but my mom decided to throw a party three days later to honor her so called "perfect" daughter.

Little did she know what I had planned for the evening.

I've decided to finally come out to my family.

Nervous was an understatement to describe the panic I was feeling. Everyone who played a role in shaping me into the person I am today were scattered like seeds all in one room.

I wondered over to the stage to make my special announcement, my palms were sweaty, my fingers were trembling and my heart was beating out of control. This was it.

Everyone laid their eyes on me, my mouth was open but the words wouldnt come out.

I stood there for a while in silence, knuckles gripping onto the cold metal microphone in my hands. All eyes were on me, expecting me to announce my appreciation for their presence. I finally gave in.

"All of my life, I felt like I was hiding a part of me, I felt like I was playing a character in a movie. The end of high school meant the start of being the real me." I gained some confidence.

"Im tired of hiding a part of me because of being scared. Im sick and tired of biting my tongue" I shut my eyes and sighed. Just. Do. It.

"which is why I must tell you this.. I AM GAY. I screamed at the top of my lungs, enough for a village to hear.

I could physically feel the room get tense. I kept my eyes shut, not wanting to see the look of horror on my family's face. They were all deeply religious people. It scared me sometimes.

I Then felt someone pulling me, my eyes flung open revealing my mother.

Oh God.

****Trigger warning, mild homophobia*****

She continued pulling on my wrist until we were in the street in front of our house.

When she stopped I could see the embarrassment in her face. It felt like a kick to the heart.

"I specifically told you not to do this and you still disobeyed me?"

My mother suspected I had feelings for women a few months ago after finding my phone laying around my room unlocked while I was in the shower.

I always had a playlist set and ready for my arrival from the shower. But I was careless to leave it unlocked that day. She ran through my gallery and found multiple pictures of girls kissing, as creepy as it founds, I was now discovering myself.