Chapter 2

Trigger warning, mild homophobia

Hayden woke up to the sound of someone pounding away on the front door.

"Joey, I know that youre home!"

Joey scrambled over to open the door revealing Haydens mother, Harriet in rage.

"Harriet? What's wrong? Is everything okay" Joey spoke.

Harriet didn't say a word, she rushed right pass Joey, heading up the stairs in search of Alexis's room, flinging the door wide open. Hayden rose from the bed with sheer panic in her eyes.

"MOM WHA-"

before Hayden could complete her sentence, Her mother grabbed a hold of her wrist, dragging her down the stairs into her car.

Alexis was half awake when she stumbled down the stairs joining her father who was as just as confused.

Hayden was shoved into the front seat of the vehicle.

Not knowing what to do and assuming it was her mother just throwing a fit, Hayden stayed quiet and watched her best friend fade away into the rear view mirror.

"Mom..." Hayden called out, but her mother ignored her. She assumed they would be heading home so she relaxed further into the seat.

Hayden sighed while looking over to the backseat and saw that clothes were messily hanging out of suitcases. Panic came over.

"MOM WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME" Hayden yelled fearing the worse. Noticing they weren't going in the direction of their house.

"You'll know when we get there" her mother mumbled, barely audible as she locked the doors of the car.

Hayden observed her mother.

The way her knuckles gripped the steering wheel, her tired eyes that reflected frustration. Hayden wondered what her life would be like if her mother would just understand.

She just kept her focus on the road not paying any attention to Hayden.

Hayden gazed through the window until her mom pulled up to an enormous building.

The walls were of bright orange brick, red and white roses lead a path to a yellow banner hanging at the entrance. It appeared to be a school or some sort.

St. Marys Institute was written in bold black letters.

Hayden exited the car, taking in her new surroundings. Harriet joined her daughter while holding three unorganized suitcases by her side.

"Welcome to your new home" Harriet smirked.

"What" Hayden's face fell as she heard her mother's next words.

"No daughter of mine will be a sinner Hayden! I WILL NOT ALLOW IT" Harriet shouted.

"This is place for you to learn how to be normal" her mother spat with venom.