Chapter 31

Hayden's POV

-

"Why doesn't she just choose" Cameron said while looking at Alexis.

I turned my face to the direction of the sofa and saw that Alexis had Jade in one arm and Isabella in the other.

"You don't know her like how I do, she doesn't want to choose because she wants to make everyone happy" I said.

"It looks like its taking a toll on her though" Cameron replied. I sighed and glanced at my best friend

"She might look like her stem is made of steel but at the end of the day she's still a flower" I said.

"So are you" she said chuckling

I didn't answer I just giggled and threw my arms around her.
In the corner of my eyes, I noticed Alexis and Isabella on their feet.

Alexis gave me a nod, I raised a brow and smirked, immediately knowing where she was going. Have you ever had a friend like that? You know each other inside out.

Alexis intertwined her fingers with Isabel, I furrowed my brows at the way she looked at her. Maybe she did choose, I'm happy for her. It's about time she had some happiness in her life.

"Mmhm? What?" I glanced over to Jade who was laying on the floor, she raised her head -clearly talking in her sleep- before dropping it again, knocked out cold. Cameron and I giggled to ourselves, trying not to wake anyone else in the room.

A few seconds later, a light taps on the window was heard throughout the dorm. If the rain is one drop it is millions, cascading from a confident sky. It is the sort of weather that washes everything anew, bringing deep puddles into which children splash. And in that happy congregation of water and air, is the sense of being alive, that from such beautiful simplicity comes everything we love, the flora, the fauna, the very essence of nature. Sorry I just really like the rain.

Cameron wrapped her arms around me and snuggled, her warm embrace soothed me. Her arms made me feel safe, I felt her chin resting on my head, my face buried into the crook of her neck. I slowly drifted off into a state of unconsciousness

--------------------

Ah the sun, not only is it a ball of gas but it's a daily reminder that we have a life.... And chores.... And I live in hell.

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself still in Cameron's arms, I pecked her forehead and looked around at the clowns on my dorm floor

I've also noticed that most of them aren't morning people but I had to wake them up somehow. Even Cameron, she didn't want me to get up but I had to remind her where they were.

"Come on sleepy heads, get up" I announced, there was no response

"Y'all want me to clash two pans together?"

"Five more minutes mom" Abeke whined.

"You better get up before I beat your ass like your mom" I laughed.

Everyone started stirring awake one by one. I was just glad they actually got up because Immanuel was very suspicious of me.

They got their stuff together and started to leave, but Cameron stayed back.

"Cam you have to go" I said, she held her arms around my waist and groaned. Her grip was tight and she refused to let go

"But I don't wanna" She whined like a little kid, I laughed.

"I'll make it up to you, ok?" I said.

"Fine, Its okay that you don't want my love, I shall try forever" She threw herself on the floor.