Control

Ares

I was in my office going through some documents when someone knocked on the door. I sighed and leaned back on my leather chair.

"Come in"

Please don't be Nate.

The door opened slowly and I saw Leo peeking inside.

Oh. Even better.

"What do you want?" I growled lowly. He looked kind of guilty. Not the usual cold stoned face he has.

"I just-" He stopped and raked his fingers through his hair, "I'm sorry Ares"

I felt a smirk make a way to my lips as I twiddled with my pen.

"It's not me you should be saying sorry to, it's Nate. All he does is try to cheer you up and all you do is belittling him"

"I said sorry, he said it's okay-"

"What else would Nate say? People later in life won't just forgive you like that. You'll have to bleed to earn their forgiveness, if they're kind enough to give it to you"

"I know-"

"Then start practicing!" I raised my tone and saw him step back. "I don't want you to go out there and be a scared little boy. You don't show them you're scared, but you don't disrespect them"

"Yes, sir"

"Leo you will have people who want to hurt you, you will fall at some points, you can't avoid that" I told him. He lowered his head. I knew he couldn't believe it right now, but he would soon see it happening before his very own eyes.

I knew from experience.

"Leave now, I've work to do" I told him and he smiled and left the office.

I sighed enjoying my peace and quiet-

"Hey! Ares!" I heard someone yell as the door opened.

Wow he didn't even knock?

"Nate, what do you want?" I groaned.

"We have some work to do today"

"What work?" My eyes widened. Lately I've been canceling all these types of "work" because of Serenity. I don't want to be home late.

But I guess all good things come to an end.

"Fine, tell Leo and the others. I'll be in the living room in five minutes" I said pitching the bridge of my nose.

"Ares, I know you don't want to leave her alone for too long. If you don't want to come, don't. I'll take care of it" He assured me with a serious look, a rare look on him.

"No, it's about time I start again"

He nodded sighing and left my office.

I took my cellphone and dialed her number.

"Hello?" I heard her sweet voice which instantly made me smile.

"Hello princess, how are you? Did you eat breakfast? Lunch? How was school? have you studied yet? did you rest-"

"Woah there, too many questions" She giggled.

Everytime she giggled I felt like I was floating. She's been through so much pain and I had to do my best to make her happy now.

"Sorry" I said and instantly felt my neck heat up. My voice sounded out of breath.

"I ate, yes I studied and I'm resting right now"

"Good. I just wanted you to know I'll come a little later today" I said holding my breath to hear her answer.

"Oh" She said her tone oozing disappointment. My face instantly fell.

I'm sorry, I wish I could be with you all day.

"It's okay, I understand" She said finally, but it didn't make me feel any better.

"I'm sorry princess. I'll try to get back as soon as I can"

I miss her already

"Don't miss me too much" I teased her.

"I won't miss you at all silly" She giggled.

Good, she's happy again, mission accomplished.

"Don't lie"

"I'll be waiting for you, bye" She said and hung up not letting me say goodbye.

I couldn't hold back the smile on my face even five minutes after the call, but I had to meet with the others.

"Boss you're here" One of my men said.

"Yes, let's do this and quick"

"Nate can you inform me about the matter?" I asked.

"We have a rat. He stole from us today and is going to sell it in-" He paused and checked his watch, "-ten minutes"

Now we need to be real fast.

"Buckle up"

_________

After we finished I drove them back to the house and then quickly left to check up on my girl.

I drove as fast as I could anticipating to see her face and hear her voice. That's all I want to do when I come back from work. It's all I need.

I got home and quickly unlocked the door calming myself down a bit. I didn't want to freak her out.

I walked in and saw her on the couch watching a movie. The moment I walked in she whipped her head towards me and I saw a smile form on her lips.

And in that moment, I was the happiest man alive.

She jumped off the couch and hugged me with her tiny arms.

"Someone missed me a lot" I whispered.

"It sure wasn't me" she mumbled into my chest.

"Sure, baby" I chuckled holding her closer.

She suddenly stood on her tip toes holding onto my shoulders for support. I leaned down a little and she pressed a light kiss on my cheek. It made me shiver and it surely made me want more.

I was happy she was now comfortable around me, but I wanted more and as much as I wanted to control myself I couldn't.

I picked her up and wrapped her legs around my torso so I could face her.

"W-what are you doing?" She whispered.

And in that moment, with her looking up at me through her thick lashes all blushed up with her eyes wide in surprise, I lost all control and tried to hold on to the little sanity I had left.