Bad Dream

Serenity

I felt myself slowly waking up. I couldn't keep my eyes closed so I opened them and picked up my phone to see what time it was.

3.00 am

It was too early, but i had a dry feeling in my mouth and wanted to get some water.

As I stood up to go to the kitchen, I wondered if Ares was back yet. He wasn't with me and it felt cold when he wasn't next to me.

After getting a glass of water from the kitchen I went to check if he's in his room, but when I walked in what I saw made me drop the glass.

The glass shattered as I felt my world shatter along too.

He was in his bed looking pale and covered in blood.

He's gone.

I started whimpering and it quickly turned into sobs. I fell to my knees and covered my eyes.

"Well well, it took you long to find out" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around quickly and saw my mother.

"Why?! Why did you do this?!" I kept screaming and screaming why feeling my face swollen.

"Serenity" She called out my name. "Serenity!" She yelled when I didn't answer.

I could hear my name being called. I could hear it in my head. Everything got blurry and then I slowly peeled my eyes open. I was breathing hard, covered in sweat eyes were filled with hot tears.

"Serenity!"

He was here. He was right here with me alive and well.

He looked worried and scared, but I was probably more scared than him. I let out a sigh of relief as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Calm down, it was just a bad dream. I'm here now"

He didn't know how relieved his last sentence made me.

He took me in his arms and got comfortable in my bed.

"Want to tell me about it?" He asked. I shook my head no. I didn't want to think about it. "It's okay angel" He whispered.

"Please don't make me sleep alone again" I mumbled.

He chuckled, "I promise I won't"

I tightened my grip on him and burried my face in his chest.

The next morning I woke up feeling someone touching my lips but kept my eyes closed. My alarm hadn't gone off yet.

"I wish you knew how much you mean to me" I heard him whisper.

I had to keep myself from widening my eyes and gasping.

I felt his lips on my cheek, lingering there for a few seconds.

"I love you" He whispered once again in my ear and kissed my cheek again. I felt my face heating up, but I couldn't let him know I was awake so I started groaning a little "in my sleep".

I moved around a little and stretched my arms.

"Wake up sleeping beauty"

I moved around and cuddled into him keeping my eyes closed.

I didn't want to leave him.

That dream had me so terrified that I felt the need to be around him now.

"I don't want to go" I whined.

"You have to" He said in a smooth voice and stroked my hair.

I finally opened my eyes and looked up at him.