Possessive

Serenity

I was in my room playing with my dolls. My sister wasn't here. She was probably out with her boy friend.

Today has been really quiet. I think it's always quiet right before something bad happens. Mommy and daddy were always quiet before they started fighting.

Today I hadn't seen daddy at all. I hadn't seen my siblings or mommy either. I was worried and scared, that's why I decided to play with my dolls so I can calm myself down.

Mommy said I was a quiet kid and she was okay with leaving me home alone for a few minutes.

I was only four though, I didn't understand what she meant.

Suddenly I heard my door thrown open and my sister Lisa came in looking around the room in a hurry.

She pulled out a suitcase from under her bed and started throwing clothes in there.

"Get up and pick any clothes you like" She said giving me a weak smile.

"Why-"

"Just do it Ren! No questions please!"

I obeyed holding back tears and started picking up my favorite clothes. I heard fighting downstairs and someone rushing up the stairs.

My mommy and my brothers appeared and came into my room locking the door behind them.

"Quick open the window" Mommy told Leah. She opened the window and threw the suitcases down.

I didn't know what was happing but I heard banging on the door.

"Open the door or I'll break it down!" I heard daddy yell. Daddy was always very calm, mommy was the one screaming when they fought. It was the first time hearing daddy scream.

"Quick!" Mommy whispered. They all jumped down and just when mommy was about to pick me up so we can jump together, daddy broke the door and got in.

Mommy let me down and jumped down alone.

"Mom what are you doing! Serenity is still up there!" the youngest of my brothers, Devin, yelled.

I'll never forget the last words I even heard my mommy say.

"Leave her. We need to save ourselves"

My daddy hugged me tight as I cried. I heard him sob a little too.

They took my favorite outfits too.

*****

I was shaking when I finished the story, I was sobbing and choking on my tears and Ares held me tighter than ever. He was whispering sweet nothings into my ear trying to calm me down.

All the anger was back, all the rage and disappointment.

If that woman is my mother, I don't want to know her.

"I don't understand why I was so hated" I said sobbing, "My mother didn't care about me, my siblings never came back for me, my father started hating me too"

"Hush baby it's over" He whispered. "They don't deserve your tears, no one does. You deserve all the happiness in the world and I'll give it to you"

"You've already done so much" I said hugging him.

"I want to do so much more" He whispered and kissing my forehead.

"I'm happy they never came back for me" I said smiling, "Because if they did, I wouldn't have met you"