The Hydra

Ares

"Well well"

I saw Ricci in front of me. At least I thought that was him. My vision was blurry as I tried to keep myself awake.

"What a good dog" He mocked.

I held myself back from lunging at him. I probably couldn't even if I tried.

"I wonder how's your bitch" He smirked.

I chuckled bitterly trying to tame myself.

He has no idea what he has coming once I'm out of this cage.

"Pretty little thing. She's been through a lot too. Why would you try to drag her into your shit?"

I knew what he was doing. He was trying to make me feel guilty, trying to make me feel bad and useless.

"Now she has to pay for your mistakes"

I wanted to scream at him. Ask him what I'd done wrong, but I couldn't. I could barely breathe.

"Get up. We can't have you dying. Not yet" He said chuckling at the last part.

I didn't get up. I couldn't even try, my legs felt like rocks.

"I said get up!" He screamed. "Fine. If you're going to be such a useless brat"

He walked away and a few minutes after two guards came and picked me up. They took me to a clean room and left me on a bed before walking out.

"Boss?" I head a familiar voice, but I was so focused on staying up that I couldn't recognize it. "Hold on"

It was Vincent of course. Who else in here would call me boss? He started treating my wounds while i tried to stay still.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry it has to be like this" He said. What caught me off guard was that he truly did sound sorry. "I swear it wasn't my choice"

"Who's then?" I breathed out flinching.

"I trust you boss. I trust you will use this information wisely. I was ordered not to tell anyone, but I owe you" he said, "That woman claiming to be Serenity's mother is indeed our mother"

No surprise there.

"She found out about you. She had some connections and found out who you are. She was not happy with it. She blamed you for father's change and his death. She didn't want Serenity close to you"

That crazy woman. Why would she appear now? Why would she try to take someone she abandoned so easily back? Serenity was mine now and I wasn't going to let a crazy woman take her away from me.

"She met Ricci and made a deal with him. She would help him set you up and do everything he wanted with you on condition that she takes Serenity"

"And?"

"And she dragged us along too. She blackmailed us, she said if we didn't help her she would-"

He cut himself off and run a hand through his hair.

"Devin the youngest of the boys, he's really sick. She said that if we don't help she will let him-"

He stopped himself. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This woman was really mental and had to go to an asylum. First she abandons her own daughter and now threatens to kill her child? Family is precious and not all people get to have it.

"I understand" I whispered. "I promise we'll find a way"

"I started this job because I wanted to make sure he got all the treatments he could" He said trying to hold back a few tears.