Ticklish

Ares

I could feel my heart pounding when she asked that. Normally I can easily make up a lie but I felt bad lying to her.

I wouldn't lie to her, I just wouldn't tell her the whole truth.

"He's a friend of ours" Nate said saving me from my panic, "We met him in the street. He ran out of gas and we happened to be passing by. We helped him and then let him stay the night since it was really late and he lived pretty far. We've been besties ever since" Nate finished with a chuckle.

I've always admired Nate for his way of handling things. He was really positive even though you'd be scared if you saw him. He was tall and muscular and had dark and sharp features, but his personality didn't match his appearance.

He was serious when he had to be and when he was serious it was a scary and strange sight to see.

I looked at him mouthing 'thank you'. He winked at me and smiled.

"So how come you didn't tell them about Tessa?" She asked. She was worried about her friend and their relationship. She wanted her friend to be in good hands and I could see that in her eyes which were full of worry.

My sweet girl, so caring.

"He's a private guy, he would tell us eventually, right boy?" Nate said nudging his shoulder a little too hard.

Nate is always the one to save everyone.

"Yeah, I just wanted to keep her to myself for a little bit more" He said quietly.

I know that feeling.

"I see" She said squinting her eyes.

"Okay, we'll just go to my office now so we can talk business and I'll be right back" I told her hoping she won't get mad.

"Okay, I'll start making breakfast" She said smiling.

God I love her smile.

"What's so important?" I asked the moment we stepped into the office and closed the door.

"Vincent. What are you going to do about him?" Nate asked.

"I don't know" I sighed sitting on a chair. "I can't hurt him in any way, I can't live with the fact that I hurt someone she cares about"

"Well how are we going to get information out of him then?" Leo asked.

"That's not what's important. We need to keep him from meeting her and any other sibling he has, at least till everything is under control and I know they don't mean any harm"

"Well to learn that you need to get information and that fucker won't speak" Nate said looking frustrated.

"I'll speak to him, try to be as gentle and calm as possible. I need to learn where the others are and why they're back"

"Ares, they obviously have plans and we may run out of time" Leo sighed.

"I said I'll handle it"

"Fine, but be quick" Nate warned me poking my chest and walking out of the office with Leo.

When we got downstairs, I saw Serenity making breakfast in the kitchen, one of the best things I've ever seen.

I just hope that one day I'll be able to make breakfast with her everyday and kiss her and call her mine.

"Don't you want to stay for breakfast?" She asked the guys.

"Well that's a nice offer-" Nate started saying but I purposely stepped on him and he gasped holding in a girly scream, "-but we have some work to do" He said sounding out of breath.

"Oh okay, have a nice day then" She smiled and waved them goodbye.

I walked up behind her and out my hands on her waist nuzzling in her neck.

I was glad she allowed me to be this close to her. We were making progress.

I kissed her soft cheek and inhaled her scent.

She let out a giggle which had my attention immediately.

"Your hair is tickling me" She said giggling.

"My girl is ticklish?" I asked with a smirk and tickled her sides which had her laughing.

Knowing I was the reason she was this happy made me the proudest man on the planet.

She turned around and faced me still smiling.

"Your hair always looks so soft. Can I touch it?" She asked shyly.

Silly girl. She can do whatever she wants with me and she doesn't even know it yet.

"Of course" I chuckled at the question.

She stood on her tip toes, but since she still couldn't quite reach it, I lifted her and sat her on the counter.

"How come my hair isn't that soft?" She pouted.

"Sweetheart, your hair literally looks like silk"

"No it doesn't" she said pouting even more.

Fuck, she needs to stop pouting or I might do something I'm not supposed to.

"Don't pout" I said brushing her bottom lip with my thumb. She giggled and leaned on my chest.

"Ares?" She called out after a pause. I hummed in reply stroking her hair, "I'm worried about this woman"

My eyes widened and my heartbeat picked up.

"What if she's really my mom?"

"What happened to her? Why wasn't she in your life all those years?" I asked even though I knew. I've been watching over her ever since she was five years old. That was when her father changed.

"I don't know why she left" She said quietly. I knew she was about to start crying. She was vulnerable and that was a tough subject, but she had to get it off her chest.

"You can tell me everything you remember if you want to. I'm here to listen" I reassured her. I was her guardian after all.

"I want to"