two

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

I feel real bad for the kid. He's only 17. His first time bein locked up was at the age of 10. I've never wanted anything more than to be able to be someone Dallas could trust.

Hell, I'll never be able to understand what he's been through but I'd sure love to be there for him. I don't think he talks to anyone about it..not even Johnny.

Of course, that's just a wish.
Pony and Soda come stumblin out dressed and ready for the day. Soda has work in about 40 minutes and Pony has school in about 10.

"Pony, you better get outta here you gonna be late kid. Dare will beat the tar outta ya" I say and give him a little shove toward the door.

He laughs and says bye, without grabbing anything to eat. We say goodbye and he walks out the door.

I let Soda grab some breakfast before I start cleaning up.
"Is Steve coming over?" I ask before I put everything away.

"Probably, you know him. Might be here any second." He says with a mouthful.

With that, I make a plate for him Incase and continue cleaning up.

"Hey, Maddy...I heard you talking to Darry bout Dallas," Soda says finishing the last of his food. Man do these kids eat quick...

"No ones ever gotten nothin out of him. We just know he grew up real rough. Before he got a place with Buck he was crashing here for a few months," he says with a sigh. "He's a good kid, really. Just got a lot of issues." He says and pushes in his chair and heads over to put his plate up.

"Yeah, I got that. I wish he'd tell us, yknow since we're kinda all he got but it's cool." I say and finish up the last of the dishes.

Steve comes over, eats up his food and him and Soda are off. I decide to go to bucks with this extra time.

Dal is a real unique person, mean and cold to everyone around him but us. He's mysterious and real, which is what I like about him most.