twenty four

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

i woke up this morning with dallas' arm around my waist. i look to my nightstand and realize the time.

"shit!" i shout as i shoot up, throwing the cover off of me. it lands on dallas' face; he groans.

he pushes the covers down and leans up slowly, rubbing his eyes. "what's the problem, doll?"

"it's nearly 12pm, dal." i tell him as i walk into my hallway, going to the restroom.

i hear my bed squeak as he gets up. i have the sink water running hot, fogging up the mirror above.

i put my hands under it and splash it on my face to rinse the makeup i never had the energy to take off last night.

i bite my lip as the hot water burns my hands. i see dallas staring at me in the mirror.

"stop, stop" he says groggily, with his raspy morning voice. he walks out of the bathroom for a moment; i hear him open a cupboard.

he comes back in with a washcloth. "let me do it for you." he points his finger down to where my toilet is, wanting me to sit.

i do as he wishes, and watch as he dampens the washcloth. he turns off the sink and comes in front of me, kneeling down to eye level.

he looks me in my eyes for a moment and licks his lips. he puts his hand on my knee and begins gently wiping off my makeup.

once he finishes, he gets up and goes back to the sink, ringing out the cloth. he looks back over at me, smiles lightly.

i get up and thank him, telling him that i appreciate it a lot. i get on my tippy toes, throwing my arms around his neck and kiss him.

i walk back into my room and begin going through my drawers. he walks in and leans against the doorway.

"what are we in a rush for again?" he asks.

"well dal, if you haven't noticed, i usually go and cook meals for the boys and clean up the house. of course i missed breakfast, but i still have other things to help out with." i reply.

i find the outfit i want, and do a "shoo" gesture with my hand. he laughs. "nothing i haven't seen before.." he says walking over to me. "and why do you feel the need to help out constantly? darrel doesn't even ask you to."

i sigh and roll my eyes "because dal, theyre all real busy. especially darry. i just wanna help, considering they don't have any mother figure around."

he narrows his eyes at me then shrugs, no longer interested in the conversation.

"how about..i help you get dressed?" he says cockily, putting his arms around my waist.

"absolutely not." i say, pushing him out of my room and shutting the door. i hear him groan.

i put on my fresh clothes and open the door, letting dallas back in. he sighs loudly "sad i missed the show." he says.

i chuckle and punch him in the arm. he looks me up and down then gets real close "somethings missing" he says.

"oh right," he puts his hand near my neck and pulls his christopher out, letting it rest on my shirt. "you tryin to hide it?" he asks.

"oh, no. i just forgot about it is all. i'm actually thinking i'll tell the gang today. about us and me dropping out of school." i say.

he nods and sits on my unmade bed. i go over to my makeup table and open the drawer, taking my hairbrush out. "can i do it?" he asks from behind me.

my eyebrows rise, surprised he's being so caring. i hand him the brush, and sit on the floor in front of him. he begins brushing it, making sure to be gentle.

"it's so damn long" he says. i chuckle, thinking of replying with 'that's what she said' but i decide not to.
two is really the only one that cracks those jokes. steve on some occasions.

"what?" he asks.

"nothing, nothing." i say, trying to get the thought out of my mind. once he finishes, i get up and take the brush, placing it back in my drawer.

"move" i say as i walk over to my bed. he gets up and goes to lean against the wall.

once i finish making my bed, dallas suddenly comes up behind me, picking me up and throwing me onto it.

"dallas winston!" i yell angrily. he laughs cockily as he pins me down.

"what's your deal?" he asks innocently. i squirm around, trying to get him off me, but he tightens his grip around my wrists even more.

once he notices i've given up, he smirk and kisses my forehead, finally letting me go.

i huff and get up, patting my clothes down. i decide not to wear any makeup today, i don't have much time to do it anyway.

"let's go" i say and take his hand, walking out the front door.

we get to the curtis household, and everyone's gone as expected. pony at school, soda n darry at work.

dallas plops on the couch, turning on the television. i sit with him for a bit, and lean my head on his shoulder.

he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in closer. we watch a random channel playing football for a moment.

with his hand around my waist, he begins messing with my nearest hand.

i look down at our fingers collided, and run mine against his rings and his knuckles.

i smile to myself, and look at dallas, hoping he wouldn't notice. his eyes are still fixated on the tv.

before i can look away, he looks at me with his dark brown eyes and smirks. "what you starin at, baby?" he asks.

i blush and ignore his question, figuring i should begin cleaning up the house. i get up, but he pulls me
back down and i land on his lap.

i chuckle nervously, and try getting up again, but he holds me down, and has me sit on his lap, facing him.

he stares at me for a moment, before he begins kissing down my jaw, and reaching his hands under my shirt.

my breath hitches. i would let him continue, if it weren't for me needing to get some things done. "not now, dal" i say between breaths.

he sighs, puts his head against my chest, then let's me go. i get up, not daring to look down at him, knowing he probably got himself excited.

i chuckle to myself as i head to the kitchen to do any dishes that were left out.