five

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

It's now later in the day. Dallas and I were at the diner for about an hour, talked a bit about the plans for tonight and ate.

After he dropped me off back at the Curtis house, I cleaned for a bit and then all the boys but Darrel got home. Dallas probably went back to Bucks, I didn't really ask.

Anyway, in a few hours we all should be going to the drive in.

"Hey Mads," Pony says walking in the door from school with Johnny and Two following behind.

"Evening, Pony" I say smiling at him "how was school boys?" I ask them all.

"It was okay, I got an English project I gotta get done this weekend." Pony says. Twobit shrugs his shoulders as an 'it was alright' and walks into the kitchen. Johnny simply just smiles at me.

Finally Sodapop and Steve walk in from work. They get off of work a couple minutes after school ends for the boys.

I personally don't go to school much, only when I really feel like it or if I need to. I don't plan on going to college anyway.

Steve also makes his way toward the kitchen and Soda plops on the couch.

"You guys down for the drive in tonight?" I ask "Dallas wants all of us to go."

They all nod their heads in agreement. 8:00 is when we'll go. We have a few hours to spare.

Johnny seems quieter than usual today, so I pull him aside to see if he's okay.

"Hey Johnnycakes, whats up? Is everything alright?" I ask giving him a concerned look and rubbing his arm.

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired." He says and gives me a small smile trying to assure me he's okay.

I leave him be and go ask Pony if he knows anything.

"Hey Pone, you know what's up with Johnny? He seems real down today." I say and sit next to him on the couch.

He turns toward me and shrugs his shoulders "I dunno, he hasn't talked much to me today. You want me to ask?"

"That'd be great, you two are closer than I am with him, but maybe give him a bit cause I just asked him."

-

It's now 7:00, Darrel called earlier and said he'll be working later, so he won't be able to make it. Steve and Soda are going to a party instead, and Two says he's gonna go get drunk.

That leaves just me, Pony, Johnny and Dal. I walk over to the two and ask if they're ready to leave, they say yes and we make our way to where we meet Dallas.

We're almost there, and I see him under the street light. We make our way over and begin walking to the drive in.

"Where'd ya go after breakfast, Dal?" I ask.

"I hooked up with the broad at the diner, I left my number on a piece of paper before we left" he says shoving his hands in his pockets.

I nod my head.