twenty seven

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

i awake in warm blankets, and my head pounding. i shuffle to my side as slowly as i can. it takes me a moment to realize who's room i'm in.

dallas winston's.

i look around with my eyes squinted, trying to see clearly. i see the glass of water that he gave me last night on the table next to the bed.

everything that happened starts flooding back at once. i look around more, seeing dallas asleep on the floor.

i turn and lie on my back, beginning to smile to myself as i remember the morning before. it's crazy how everything went to shit so quickly.

i hear dallas grown as he begins to wake. i panic, deciding to pretend to still be asleep.

i close my eyes and hope for the best.

i can hear him grown more as he sits up. "ah shit," he whispers. i hear him get off the floor completely, walking over to me.

i can feel him staring down at me for a moment. i open my left eye so slightly that he wouldn't be able to see.

he's biting his lower lip, eyes and eyebrows narrowed lookin at me.

"i know you're awake, jones" he says.

i sigh and sit up slowly, not wanting to make my headache any worse.

"drink this" he says, handing me the cup of water. "then get outta here."

i take a sip, then throw my legs over the bed. "thanks, dal" i say quietly with my head down.

he doesn't respond, he just puts the sheets he was sleeping on from the floor onto his bed.

"let me know when we can talk, alright? i really want to-"

"get the hell out of here, jones." he says sternly, cutting me off.

i look up at him, then get off the bed making my way out. i walk down the stairs, and sit at the bar where bucks cleanin up from last night.

"how's it goin kid?" he asks, putting away cups.

"not great, buck" i say. "can i talk with ya?"

"yea sure, ears always open" he replies. i smile lightly at him.

"dal thinks i slept with steve."