twenty six

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

i find dallas at some old abandoned brick building down the street. he's leanin against it smokin a weed.

i walk up quietly, not wanting to get told to leave instantly. i let him blow out another puff before interrupting him.

"dallas, we gotta talk" i say, coming to stand next to him.

"you get the hell away from me, jones" he replies angrily.

"dallas, please listen to me. what steve said-"

"shut the hell up. i don't need you to tell me why it happened. give me the shit back" he says holding out his hand, staring down at me.

"give you what back? and don't talk to me like that. i understand you're angry but you can't talk to me like that dallas winston" i say, starting to get upset myself.

"jesus fucking christ jones! my christopher you dumb broad. stop talking, give me it, and get outta here man" he says.

my eyes begin to tear up as i take the necklace off. i know he won't listen to me.

"my god you're annoying. of fucking course you're crying right now, you always have to get your way." he says as he grabs the necklace, putting it around his neck. "you listen to me jones. all you were to me was someone to get me laid."

the tears start to fall out uncontrollably as he said that. i sit there for a moment in shock as he ignores me, continuing to smoke his weed.

"you are so stubborn dallas! you don't fucking listen to anything people tell you! you'll believe anything. no wonder people cant fucking stand you!" i shout, my face turning red.

"hey, don't get wise" he says, putting out his weed against the brick. he begins walking away. i let him go this time, not wanting to put up with him.

when he's gone, i sit down against the wall and begin bawling. he is constantly hurting me and i never fall out of love with him.

it is so exhausting loving dallas winston.

i have no clue how much time has passed. i don't want to feel like this anymore.

i begin walking to bucks, knowing dallas is probably there. i don't care, i just want to get drunk. it's also the only bar around the area.

eventually i get to my destination and walk inside, the wreaking smell of alcohol hitting me instantly.

i sit at the bar, asking for some shots. buck gives them, too busy to ask questions.

i didn't count how many i had, i just didn't want to feel like shit anymore. i wanted to try to have fun.

i got drunk pretty quickly. buck refused to give me anymore drinks. i sit there, too drunk to think. i just zone out, and watch all the blurry shadows around me.

i see a familiar one near the back, next to the pool area. i see a girl say on the pool table, with her legs wrapped around them.

my mind begins filling with rage. even though i hadn't forgot what went on with dallas, i still made my wag over. i push the girl off the table, sending her to the floor.

she curses at me, but i'm unable to understand what she's saying. i see dallas looking at me through the corner of my eye with a concerned expression. maybe he's drunk too.

"dallas, i missed you sooo much" i say through slurred words, falling into him. i grab his leather jacket to pull myself up. "you know the night when we started datin and.." i take a deep breath "and you said that you only screwed around with other girls n you'd wish it was me? and..and how i'm one of the most important people to ya..."

"madison.." he says softly. "you're shitfaced. go home" he says more stern.

i look at him and furrow my eyebrows. then i laugh. "you're real funny dal, you know that?" i say laughing.

"let's go upstairssss" i say grabbing his hand, trying to pull him with me. he resists. i look at him with puppy dog eyes, trying to convince him.

he shakes his head and we walk over to the couch in the middle of the room. he sits me down.

"in front of everyone?" i begin to laugh harder. he tells me to stay put, then walks away.

he comes back with a glass of water and tells me to drink it. he sits next to me as i do so, with his head in his hand, thinking hard.

i put the cup down and move his head out of his hand. i smile flirtatiously and begin to move myself on top of his lap.

he pushes me off, forcing me to sit back where i was. "don't do this to yourself madison. darry was right." he says that then leaves. i don't know what he's talkin about. i don't remember what darry said.

i try thinking about it, but i'm far too tired. i begin to drift off.