twelve

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

The bedroom door opens again and Dallas walks in. "You want a smoke?" He asks tossing me the bag of frozen peas.

I smile and shrug my shoulders as a yes, and watch him grab a pack out of his back pocket. He grabs one for himself then passes it over to me.

I take out a stick and throw the box back over. "You got a light?" I ask him. He smirks and I put the cigarette between my lips, letting him light it.

I thank him and sit back on his bed. I watch him roam through his dresser for something.

"Thanks for helpin me, Dal." I say uncomfortably.

"No problem kid, they were beatin' the shit outta ya." He says in response and closes the drawer he was going through.

I feel a smile growing on my face, so I look down and bite my lip to stop it. I'm so glad he was there to get me. I don't know what would have happened if he hadn't, and I don't wanna know.

"I better get heading out," I say standing up. "Curtis family must be worried."

"Yeah, I guess they would be. See ya around, man." He says while I make my way over to the door. I open it and smile at him, having him close it behind me.

I walk out of the bar and throw my cig on the ground, no longer needing it. I make my way over to the Curtis household.

It doesn't take me long to get there, so I open the gate and walk in as usual. No one in the gang ever knocks. We know we're always welcome.

Of course, we'll leave if asked to. But it doesn't happen much, really only if Darry had a rough day and wants some quiet. If so, we go out to the field and play football or something.

I see Soda and Pony, who were sitting on the couch watching TV. I assume Darry was in the kitchen making breakfast cause of the smell.

The boys look at me with a startled look on their face, and Darry walks into view.

"What the hell? You okay kid?" Soda asks jumping up off the couch, making his way over to me.

"Who did this?" Darry asks leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. Pony stayed seated and quiet, not taking his eyes off of me.

Soda now in front of me, he looks me up and down waiting for my response. I forgot how shitty I looked.

"Oh right," I say tugging at my shirt "some socs jumped me yesterday on the way here."

"What?!" They all shout in unison. "Where you out there all night? Did they do anything real bad? Do you need me to take you to the hos-" Darry asks me millions of questions at once before I cut him off.

"I'm fine, really. It was outside of Bucks..Dallas got me out of it." I say uncomfortably. "You guys got any clothes I could change into? I forgot to stop at my place."

Soda nods, leading me to his and Pony's room, going into his dresser and taking out a t-shirt, that will go down to my knees.

I thank him, and he stares at me with a look of concern. "Madison, you gotta let us wrap up some of those cuts n' stuff. They got you pretty good.."

I think for a moment, and decide to give in. "Alright, fine. Just get out and let me change would ya?"