eighteen

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

i walked for awhile, i didn't want to be the one crawling back to him, but i really missed him..and i wanted an explanation.

my feelings were very, very hurt, considering how long i've liked him. what is so unlovable about me? there's gotta be something wrong with me.

i mean come on, we've been friends for so long, and i'm the only girl that has ever stuck with him. how can he not have feelings for me? not even a little bit?

i finally make it to bucks. i knock loud and hard. it's still pretty early, so he's probably still sleeping.

a sleepy buck opens up the door, proving my theory correct. "hey, is dal here? it's important."

he sighs and scratches his neck. "listen, i ain't gonna lie to ya kid, i like ya. but dal told me to tell ya he's not here if you come askin."

i cross my arms out of frustration. "what? well now you gotta let me talk to him." i say, trying to push pass.

buck grabs my arm before i make it too far "you ain't wanna go up there anyway, kid." he says.

i pull away "hell yes i do, i ain't come here for nothin." i say and stomp up stairs. i hear him sigh again and close the front door.

i don't even bother knockin, i swing open dallas' bedroom door. i about shout before i see another girl in his bed with him.

he spouts up real quick from the noise of the door hitting the wall, and then looks at me with wide eyes.

my eyes brimming with tears and my body trembling out of anger and jealousy, i turn around and run down the stairs.

i know, i should've listened to buck. but i really wanted to talk to him, i didn't think he'd been sleepin with anyone.

i open the front door of bucks to get out with tears running down my face, i hear dallas behind me.

"madison! come on!" he shouts as i slam the door shut. i walk toward my house as fast as i can, not having enough energy to run.

i can hear dallas running up behind me. "madison, let me talk to you-"

"no!" i yell quickly turning toward him. "i don't want to talk anymore." i say and turn back around, continuing my way to my house.

-

i made it to my house, but dallas followed me. he's the one that didn't want to talk to me, so i have no idea why he cares so much now. he was gonna try and get buck to lie to me.

"madison jones. i know you want to tell me something, so tell me. now is your chance. if you go inside, i'm not gonna talk to you anymore." he says as i put my hand on my doorknob.

i scoff and face him. "you're joking right? you were just in bed with some girl, so i left."

"i..i know. i'm sorry..you gotta let me explain..i-" he says but i cut him off.

"no dallas, there is nothing to explain. i'm tired of being hurt. i've liked you for so god damn long, and i always thought i was being so obvious. the things you say and do to me hurt so bad. i'm tired of it."

i watch as his facial expression goes soft. he sighs loudly and looks down to the ground.

"i don't mean to hurt you, jones. you're one of the most important people to me..i- i just don't know how i feel about you."

i roll my eyes. "you either like me back or you don't. i don't want to play games. it's exhausting chasing you all the time. i appreciate all the nice things you've done for me, really. but you obviously don't like me the way i like you." i reply.

he walks over closer to me, and leans against my house. "i do..i do like you. i'm sorry. every girl i've been with has fucked me over, and i guess i don't want to get into anything serious cause i'm scared it'll happen again. that's why i just hook up with girls. i don't want to just hook up with you, that'd ruin our friendship." he says. he pauses to take a breath, then continues.

"i've tried to hide my feelings for you from myself, i didn't want to like you like this. i hooked up with other girls to try and get that feeling away, but you're so addictive. i'm thinking of you constantly, including the times i'm sleeping with other girls. always wishing it was you..." he says.

i stare into his dark brown eyes, he's so vulnerable right now. if i say something wrong, he'd never talk to me again. he never gets like this with anyone. i've never seen this side of him.

"dal- i'm sorry.." i say and look down at my feet.

"you shouldn't be the one that's sorry." he says and puts his fingers on my chin, lifting my head so that my eyes meet his.

"i've been so selfish, trying to protect myself. i'm sorry." he finishes and pulls me in for a kiss.

i stay still for a second, and then give in. he puts his hand on my cheek and i melt in his touch. he smiles through the kiss.

he pulls away for a second to ask "will you be my girl, madison jones?" i nod excitedly, and we go back in for another kiss.