seventeen

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

i finally got home after about 10 minutes of walking. luckily, i didn't run into any trouble.

i felt and looked a mess. i don't have any right to be angry and upset that dallas doesn't feel the same way about me as i do him. he's not the type. i don't know what i expect from him.

i took a shower, not caring how late it is. showers always make me feel better.

when i was done, i got into pajamas and cried myself to sleep.

-

it's now morning. i got up from bed, not feeling the need to tidy it up as i usually do.

i got dressed and made some toast then headed out the door to the curtis household. it's monday and i have to wake up the boys.

once i make my way in the door, i greet darry who's making breakfast as usual. "you alright?" he asks as i start to walk down the hall. i turn and go back to him.

"yeah, why?" i ask him back.

"just cause you got jumped the other day..are you feeling alright?" he states as he turns off the stove and brings out the plates.

"oh, right." i reply "yeah i'm good. it doesn't hurt anymore" i genuinely kinda forgot about that. i'm glad it doesn't hurt.

i begin walking down the hall again and i quietly open pony and sodas bedroom door. i open their blinds as usual, letting the sun soak in.

soda groans and throws his pillow at me. i stumble a bit cause i wasn't expecting it, but i laugh and pick it up throwing it at him harder.

"sheesh, alright!" he yells. pony mumbles something, probably asking us to be quiet. i make my way out of their bedroom so they can get dressed.

"hey dare, you heard from dallas recently?" i ask coming around the corner.

"no, kid never calls unless there's an emergency." he says getting out his newspaper to read.

"oh, alright." i say quietly, heading to the kitchen to get a plate of food. "thanks for breakfast!"

pony and soda finally came out of their room, soda heading to the shower and pony to the kitchen to get breakfast.

"morning, kid." i greet pony.

"mornin" he mumbles back.

after a bit of sitting around and all 4 of us eating breakfast, i thought it'd be nice to take pony to school.

"hey dare, mind if i borrow your car and drive pony to school?" i ask him while getting up and collecting our plates. he says sure and after i wash the dishes, pony and i were off.

"hey pony, do you know if dal is coming over today?" i ask him a few minutes before arrival to school.

he looks at me funny for a few seconds then shakes his head no. "he never tells us if he's coming or not. why?" he asks as we pull into the parking lot.

i shrug my shoulders "just wonderin, i dunno. have a good day." i say and smile at him as he gets out of the car. before he walks off he says "you not comin today?"

"nah. i've been thinkin bout dropping out. but we'll talk about it later- go, go." i reply shooing him off.

-

i pull back up to the curtis house and walk inside, throwing darry the keys since he's just about to leave for work.

soda had already left for work while i was dropping off pony.

"what you gonna do while we're gone?" darry asks opening the front door.

"probably just walk around, maybe go home and rest for a bit." i say walking toward him.

"alrighty, just be careful. carry a blade." he says and walks out, me behind him to go walk around. i wave goodbye as he starts his truck and begin on my way.